Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
on line
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
some retard opened his door really wide in the parking lot and put several nasty scratches on my rear door right after doorside molding ends. i'm so pissed, i've been babying my X, and now it's no longer new. can you guys recommend what to do, how to remove scratches, how to fill up the paint, etc.

·
on line
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
come on guys i'm serious, i'm heartbroke over here. i bought this thing for offroading, but then fell in love with it, so i'm babying it. it had to scrathes until this afternoon.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
Yeah, go offroading and put alot of pinstripes on it.... then you wont even remember those pesky little scratches.
Haha thats what im sayin! Nature is one hell of a pin striper!

·
on line
1,208 Posts
On second thought, I did what Eddo said to do, I just was like, whatever, and went through the woods running the braches along the sides. :) Custom nature pinstriping. :D

·
on line
366 Posts
Some a$$hat put a big gouge/dent in my drivers side door. It was gouged down to the metal, and I got some touch up paint from the dealer and that hid it fairly well. I still need to put some sort of clear coat on top, but the touch up paint should keep it from rusting.

·
on line
2,876 Posts
never ceases to amaze me, in all my 37 years I have NEVER caused damage to another person car via my car door or whatever. I have hit one once, not too hard, and the car was really close to mine, but no damage.

People have no respect anymore. And that sucks........

·
on line
1,574 Posts
read wht i did tht brutus posted. if its deep, use toutch up paint
tips: if its wide, dont use the brush or pen aplicator. that was my biggest mistake.
f its fine, use a tooth pick.
also, if you could, post a few pics.
any other help, or tips, jjust ask
i know exactly how you feel...[/u][/url]

·
on line
15,651 Posts
You wanna see a scratch? While out wheeling a couple weekends ago I got three down the passanger side. These are not your typical custom pin striping, they are more like custom side graphics or race strips. ;)

Everyone else on the run seemed to be more upset than I was.

I'll post a pic tonight.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
Man, are you serious? How'd you like to have my paint job:

Actually, I've since buffed out 90% of those scratches...until I got these dents (yes, the passenger side looks exactly the same).

I finally gave up and said Fukit...then hit it with a rattle can. :blackeye:

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Haha mine looks Identical to the first pic 8th man, only mine is Black :cyclopsani: I need to buff it BAD!

·
on line
259 Posts
2006xterrax said:
Hi all,
some retard opened his door really wide in the parking lot and put several nasty scratches on my rear door right after doorside molding ends. i'm so pissed, i've been babying my X, and now it's no longer new. can you guys recommend what to do, how to remove scratches, how to fill up the paint, etc.
post a pic of the damage, it may be able to be buffed out, my brother is a detailer and he fixes scratches like this everyday, i'll have him look at and tell you what he thinks. and if its dented a good paintless dent repair guy could help you out.

·
on line
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, here are pictures. if you magnify them, you can see these are deep scratches, almost all the way to the metal. went to the dealership and ordered touch-up paint, should arrive any day now.
i'll put several coats and let them dry, my question is what if i overdo with a last coat and it creates a bump, how would i even it out? i heard some suggested to use a sandpaper, but wouldn't that ruin other paint?
thanks guys.

·
on line
1,114 Posts
2006xterrax said:
i cant't figure out how to post pics. do i need special account or privilegies for that?
Unfortunately, you can't insert a photo you have on your computer directly into your message. You'll have to upload your pix to a photo site. Then you have to fumble with the retarded process of pasting in the photo location to your message here.

Yeah, I know... :pottytrain5:

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Steve, you just aren't that bright...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts