Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be a fun one (well, actually, they all are). This will be a combination trail run & BBQ/Welcome Home (from the Middle East) party for Eric.

Date: Saturday May 12, 2007
Meet: Southeast corner of Kirby Road and Hwy 371, in Anza
Time: 9:00 AM
Comm: FRS Channel 5, subcode 24

We'll head in to Upper Coyote Canyon and explore some of the side canyons, find a good spot for a BBQ / campsite and hang out.

I'm told that this should be a fairly easy trail run, should be stock-friendly. Distances should be short enough that those who do not wish to camp can get back out easily.

This is fairly close to San Diego, and not all that far from Orange County and even LA. Take the southernmost Hwy 79 (sign says "Indio") from I-15 in Temecula and head East to Aguanga, where you turn left on Hwy 371 towards Anza. If you're coming north on I-15 from San Diego, it's the first Temecula exit, the one right after the Border Patrol checkpoint.

Be sure to sign up on www.sccxterra.com and let us know you'll be there (and what food you may be bringing for the party).

·
on line
1,732 Posts
i'm coming Would lumpia filipinos egg rolls be alright w/everyone!?!?! :bounce: If anyone from san diego is going and wants to covoy there lemee know !!!
By pm or email me

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bigboyindiego said:
i'm coming Would lumpia filipinos egg rolls be alright w/everyone!?!?! :bounce: If anyone from san diego is going and wants to covoy there lemee know !!!
By pm or email me
Lumpia sounds good. I sent you a PM.

If anyone else from San Diego wants to caravan up I'll be hitting I-15 North at Scripps Poway Parkway around 7:45AM on Saturday. Call or PM me if you want to meet.

BTW, there is also a more scenic route, but it takes longer: east on Scripps Poway Pkwy to Hwy 67 to Ramona, then Hwy 78 to Santa Ysabel, then Hwy 79 to Hwy 371. It takes at least 50 minutes from I-15/SPP to Santa Ysabel, then another 30-45 minutes to the meet spot, maybe a little longer.

·
on line
1,732 Posts
7-45 May be a bit to early for me I'm working till 7.30 am And have to drive back down to My neck of the wood from La Jolla T o pack up and pick up my son But gunna try and Swing a Day off :downtown: May Have to kiss the bosses @$$ If Im not mistaken Im allowed 1 personal 4x4 day a year Per UNION rulez :rulez:

·
on line
1,732 Posts
Hey frank b tried acces the site but I get a
orry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
syndicate said:
Broken front diff = stuck at home... Tell the guys for me Frank?
Sorry to hear that Brian. I'll let them know. Keep us informed as to how it goes.

·
on line
463 Posts
So, the wife and I are planning to be there for Saturday.
Does anyone have any idea what we can contribute to the BBQ ?
And,,,Do we have any idea How Many ?

Brian, Really sorry to read of the front Diff ?
See you next time ?

Jim B

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
prod39 said:
So, the wife and I are planning to be there for Saturday.
Does anyone have any idea what we can contribute to the BBQ ?
And,,,Do we have any idea How Many ?

Brian, Really sorry to read of the front Diff ?
See you next time ?

Jim B
Hard to say how many people are going to be there, I can think of about 20 right now, but may be more.

I'm bringing apple pies, Bobby has the bbq meats, as do others. I think someone else has chips & salsa, and potato/pasta salads. It's going to be warm, so something that will be good for warm weather?

The SCCX site does seem to be working (more or less), you may want to look at the run thread there.

·
on line
1,732 Posts
bigboyindiego said:
7-45 May be a bit to early for me I'm working till 7.30 am And have to drive back down to My neck of the wood from La Jolla T o pack up and pick up my son But gunna try and Swing a Day off :downtown: May Have to kiss the bosses @$$ If Im not mistaken Im allowed 1 personal 4x4 day a year Per UNION rulez :rulez:
Apparently my booty kissing payed off AS I GOT THE DAY OFF!!!!
Frank if its ok w/you would like toTail along behind you (Caravan) w/you As i get lost going to my own bathroom will be taking my son and pooch if thats ok !!!
thx rick
aka bigboyindiego

·
on line
631 Posts
hey bibgoyindiego... wanna bring some lumpia rolls to this side?! we is hungry! havent had lumpia in forever!!

·
on line
1,732 Posts
driver X said:
hey bibgoyindiego... wanna bring some lumpia rolls to this side?! we is hungry! havent had lumpia in forever!!
dude My wife makes [email protected]$$ lumpia you have to come get them though unless you want soggy 1's thru the mail !!! :cheese:

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bigboyindiego said:
bigboyindiego said:
Apparently my booty kissing payed off AS I GOT THE DAY OFF!!!!
Frank if its ok w/you would like toTail along behind you (Caravan) w/you As i get lost going to my own bathroom will be taking my son and pooch if thats ok !!!
thx rick
aka bigboyindiego
That works for me. My newest high-tech toy (GPS device) says it will take about 1.25 hrs to get to the meet spot from my house. I was thinking of leaving around 7:45AM. We can meet at the parking lot behind the gas station just off the Scripps Poway Parkway exit from I-15. Go right at the end of the ramp, then an immediate left to the gas station and hotels. Look for a black X with Yakima rack. You have my cell phone.

·
on line
463 Posts
I just finished the post to SCCX.
Chris ( my wife ) and I will be there for Saturday.
We're bringing:
Brownies, Cold drinks, and, fresh melons sliced

Jim B

·
on line
463 Posts
Frank,
Welll, To All that attended ! Thanks ! We had a wonderful time and I'm sure the scratches should come OUT with some good old fashioned,,,,,,,,
car wash labor ! ( Haaa ! You thought I would do all that buffing ? )
Seriously, we had a great time exploring and visiting.
TO ALL OF OUR SERVICE PERSONNEL WHO ATTENDED,,THANK YOU, WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR SERVICE AND FOR JOINING US ON OUR RUN !
I have posted some pics at the SCCX site and there are more to come.

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That was fun. I should have my film developed and scanned in a few days.

Jim & Chris: those brownies were really good. They got finished off around the campfire after the apple pie.

Yeah, may not have have been quite as "stock friendly" as I was led to believe, but I think everyone did alright. There were a few good size rocks in places, and some pretty rutted out spots as well. The one thing this run was not, was "paint friendly". I think we all got some really good pinstriping on this one.

We'll have to go back there again this coming fall or winter when it's cooler.

·
on line
1,732 Posts
Sorry couldnt make it frank !! But trust me If I brought my 4 rugrats w/me I would of been chasing them all over the canyon !!

NEXT TIME I m going thru hell or high water !!!
Cant wait to see the pixx!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts