Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the post from Mitch on SCCX for the March run:

The run for March will be the Bradshaw Trail, hopefully pretty much the whole entire thing from the All-American Canal to Palo Verde.

3/15 Saturday- General Meet: 10am at the truck stop at the corner of Expressway 86 and Ave. 66 near Mecca, CA.

Arco Travel Center
90480 66th Avenue
Mecca, CA 92254
N33 34.163 W116 05.371

This is the last chance for gas (are you reading this Marc?) so fuel up here. The station accept cash and ATM only, just so you know.

We will travel south on Hwy 111 to Range Rd. and head east across the desert from there.

First stop is Bat Caves Buttes where we will all practice our Ozzie impressions and bite their little 'eads off.

Next, we will check out a palm oasis on our way to the Bradshaw Trail.

Once on the trail we will head east and make whatever stops we want. There are a few points of interest along the way and if there are any geocachers amoung us, there are a few caches out there as well.

For those not camping there are a couple bail points, Bradshaw Rd to I-10 (N33 33.756 W115 35.358) and Graham Pass Rd to I-10 (N33 25.420 W115 10.344). For those who are camping, we will find a likely spot along the trail in the Graham Pass vicinity.

Day two will be spent finishing out the trail through some interesting landscape, a small pass and a drive across a "pebble beach".

This should be a very easy drive and we should be in 2wd pretty much the whole time. So you 2wd peeps, this is a good one for you.

I look forward to seeing whoever can make it.

Frank B: I'll add that comm will be on FRS radios, channel 3, subcode 24. I'll also add that last year we had over 20 trucks on this run, this year will be a slightly different route, sticking more the the Bradshaw Trail instead of heading into the Red Cloud mining district that we hit last year. The weather should be pretty nice out there this time of year, and if we get lucky maybe we'll see some bombing runs over the Chocolate Mountains Bombing Range that we'll be travelling right along side of.

·
on line
432 Posts
So... far.... away..... noooooo....

Would be fun to visit my own trail though, sounds fun, haha.

- Russell Bradshaw

·
on line
29 Posts
Here is an overview of the trail.

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts