Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some shots from SCCX's March trip to the Bradshaw Trail, Red Canyon and Red Cloud Mine area, east of Indio, CA about half way to the AZ border. Started the day with 18 trucks, 4 went back Saturday afternoon, and 14 of us found a great camp site out in the desert. Weather was perfect, mid-80's during the day, mid-50's at night. We covered over 100 miles off road expedition style during the 2 days. Had a great turn out, with lots of spouses/significant others, kids and dogs.

Starting off down Red Canyon.

Checking out the bombs on the Bradshaw Trail.

Stopped for a break on Crack Pipe Hill. I need a wider lens, there were 4 or 5 more trucks than you can see here.

I just can't escape these things.

Narrow spot in the trail.

Mitch trying to figure out how he's going to explain this parking job.

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are a few more. Several members of this forum showed up.

Jason leading the death march hike.

Sunset view from the mine site.

Following Dan down the Goat (or Donkey) Path of Doom from the mine back towards the campsite.

Camp kitchen: Bobby's Korean BBQ.

Morning mod session: Bobby's on-board air system at the ready.

Out on the Bradshaw Trail, with the Chocolate Mountains Gunnery Range in the background.

Sunday lunch break. Had to make our own shade.

The trucks got a bit dirty, but all in all it was a great trip.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Very nice.
:cheers:
Now if only we had something like this going on around our neck of the US... especially now that I'm out of class, that would be an awesome stress reliever.

·
on line
463 Posts
My wife and I had a great time out there !

Thank You, to SCCX again for a great time.
Jim & Chris Beck

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice shot Jim. Looks like the tie rod replacement job going on in the group of 3 trucks in the background (Mitch, Bobby and Tim).

For those that were not there: we had one truck break a tie-rod (luckily another had a spare and on-board air tools), one tire sidewall slashed, the 2WD Frontier had something go wrong with either the rear diff or the brakes, and one truck had an inner fender that was slicing tires (fixed with a BFH applied to the inner fender).

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Is there a posted how to for that on board air on the white X?

·
on line
631 Posts
Bueller44 said:
x2. Never thought about that...

·
on line
589 Posts
Don't think there is a posted how-to, but Bobby's on board air (white X that is a 1st gen) is done through a few things. Basically, he has a shrock rear bumper and the spare tire has been relocated up on the rear. Then he took the space that is underneath the car where the spare tire used to be and mounted an air compressor tank there. From this point I believe he bought a gas-lid-cap and drilled the hole in the side of the bumper and leaves the hosing of the air tank sitting inside that area. Between that, and traveling around with all the air tools he is basically a portable garage. It was pretty awesome when one of the guys broke a rod and he had the thing replaced in 30 minutes when I would have taken 2 hours at home...

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bueller44 said:
Not really a how-to, but here is a thread from the SCCX website where he describes it, with pictures.

http://www.sccxterra.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3188

The set up is, I believe, a Viair 450 (100% duty cycle) that is sold as a package with tank and fittings. You could also piece it together with perhaps a different shape tank, depending on where you want to put the tank. A couple of others SCCX members have similar set ups in Frontier pickups, but they have a lot more mounting options with the pickup trucks than we do.

·
on line
463 Posts
If there is anyone from the SCCX group reading this, I'd like to get a hold of the powers that be about their web site ?
Like an Administrator ?
I registered and the web site hates me and won't let me log in ?
Also, would like to see about joining the gang ?

Jim B

·
on line
25 Posts
HOW-TO

There is a how-to on this topic. Just go to the HOW-TO section and you will see it as one of the top ten on e the list. Its kind of different but still works great. The one in the pics in this thread is on a 1st gen.

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Erick said:
That trip was a blast, though I don't know why Frank kept avoiding me with his camera....
Here you go Erick. And here I thought I was respecting your privacy by not posting this.

I'll see if I can find any others.

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: HOW-TO

pkiddddd said:
There is a how-to on this topic. Just go to the HOW-TO section and you will see it as one of the top ten on e the list. Its kind of different but still works great. The one in the pics in this thread is on a 1st gen.
The big difference is the tank. The underseat compressor is designed for airing up tires, with the tank you can run air tools such as an impact wrench.

I thought someone on this board did a tank install, but can't remember who it was.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
prod39 said:
If there is anyone from the SCCX group reading this, I'd like to get a hold of the powers that be about their web site ?
Like an Administrator ?
I registered and the web site hates me and won't let me log in ?
Also, would like to see about joining the gang ?

Jim B
I had the same thing happen, then all of a sudden, I was able to log in. I'll tell one of the admins though. Same username?

·
on line
47 Posts
FrankB said:
Erick said:
That trip was a blast, though I don't know why Frank kept avoiding me with his camera....
Here you go Erick. And here I thought I was respecting your privacy by not posting this.

I'll see if I can find any others.
I don't think you've thought this through here. What about the people who didn't want to see this. I'm officially scarred. :tongue5:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts