Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a SGII a couple of months ago, and cant seem to get my damn fuel stats calibrated properly. iv tried doing it after filling up and what not, but it still spit out unusual numbers. i guess im a dumbass, but any help/tips would be great.
thanks
cam

·
on line
82 Posts
I have mine dialed in pretty well, it is usually pretty close when I fill.

You may already have this but first make sure you have the correct values entered in the Scan Gauge. The engine size is 4.0 Liters. Also make sure the correct gas tank capacity 21.1 gallons
(I didn't believe that our tank was that big when I was setting mine up but I guess they are).

If you want to use the tank gauge you have to tell your Scan Gauge each time you fill up. You may already know but you can set the percent of error each time you fill up by reading how many gallons you put in, and what your Scan Gauge thought you needed. Once I had the percentage right I haven't had to touch it.

I hope this helps, and I am sure most of it is stuff you already know.

·
on line
135 Posts
You may have to perform a factory reset and start over with the calibration steps in the manual. Mine was screwy until I started from scatch. Sometime is you mess with it too much it gets a mind of it's own. Mine was all over the place.

·
on line
81 Posts
One problem I have noticed with mine that causes the MPG to be off is that even with the speedo 'calibrated' for my dash speed, the Scangauge II reads less total miles for the tank than my dash does. So the real question is which mileage is correct? And no, I am running stock tires so that is not the problem.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay, i will try to reset all settings, i was gtting like 300% range so idk. thanks for the help. ill ask if i have any more questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts