Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just throwing this out there, not my truck but weird that its been on the dealer lot for over a week now, Xterras usually move faster than that in Boulder

I'm wondering if being over $20k and pushing 100k miles is somewhat of a limit? Anyway, like I said, not mine but somebody might find it interesting. Looks clean from the pictures. I've bought cars from this dealer before, as a rule they don't haggle and having this up front may bring people in who buy other cars, so I doubt there is much wiggle room, but you don't know unless you try.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have 247k miles on the original engine and trans 2007 nismo frontier 4wd... that xterra has some life left. The price on the other hand is a result of the pandemic.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Perhaps with the pandemic slowing, and gas and interest rates rising, things will start moving the other way finally.

·
Registered
2015 Cayenne Red Xterra Pro-4X
23 Posts
I purchased my RubyX 15 Pro-4X, 47k miles, for $21k, Nov. of 2019. Seen other Pro-4X running about the same in my area but with more mileage.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Every used 4x4 in Denver are drawing crazy prices. I was looking at a 2013 F-150 the other day. It was the XLT package so not many options, 160k, body and interior was in near new condition and they were asking $31k for it. And it wasn't even a unique deal, they're all priced ridiculously.

I've seen dozens of Pro4x's with more than 60k with a price tag north of $30k.

·
Registered
2015 Cayenne Red Xterra Pro-4X
23 Posts
Every used 4x4 in Denver are drawing crazy prices. I was looking at a 2013 F-150 the other day. It was the XLT package so not many options, 160k, body and interior was in near new condition and they were asking $31k for it. And it wasn't even a unique deal, they're all priced ridiculously.

Tirtucker, those prices are crazy! If anyone really wants a Pro4X, there are plenty for 18k - 23k in Virginia.

·
Registered
2012 Pro-4x
50 Posts

That is crazy! I remember selling a fully loaded 2013 F150 FX4 with 50k miles for 31k, like 3 years ago.
I could have put 110k miles on it in the last 3 years and have still made a profit lol.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
That is crazy! I remember selling a fully loaded 2013 F150 FX4 with 50k miles for 31k, like 3 years ago.
I could have put 110k miles on it in the last 3 years and have still made a profit lol.
It's all happened in the last year or two. I keep hearing the micro chip shortage that shut down production of everything is to blame. I hope it's only that and not just inflation.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
It's all happened in the last year or two. I keep hearing the micro chip shortage that shut down production of everything is to blame. I hope it's only that and not just inflation.
Unfortunately its not just chip shortage. Thats the affect - not the cause.

The problem is that there is a huge demand for cars - primarily from people fleeing the cities and people who live in the cities who don't want to rely on public transportation anymore, since they couldn't get anywhere in the lock down. So demand is high. At the same time the government is passing out happy money like it expires, and the fed is loading the banks up with capital to lend - so that is pushing the prices up. At the same time the IC chip and other shortages is causing an inventory problem on new vehicles - so no trade in's further restricting supply on used vehicles.

It could end if the OEM's catch up on production and everyone trades their old car in. Or if the government stops handing out money. Or if the fed stops QE. Or if for some reason everyone decides they don't want a car. However none of those seem to be in the near future. I am guessing at least a couple years - unless there is some shock to the system like a market crash or whatever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts