Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one who has torn apart their interior know a good place to mount / store the sattelite radio reciever / transformer box?

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have on OR and im not talking about the little hand held / add on sirius, its the one that hooks up to the apline head units, its about 5"x3" by 1" someone on here said something about mounting it by the shifter, they had a manual, i have an auto and dont know if there is room for it. Anyone know?

·
on line
355 Posts
the oem sirius goes up near the drivers side kick panel. there are two studs in there you could fabricate some bracket.

·
on line
776 Posts
Just mount it behaind the dash, under the radio! If you take your time it will fit nicely...

·
on line
59 Posts
I just did my stereo upgrade on my 07 X, I have a pioneer head unit and a pioneer xm tuner. I installed the tuner in the dash just behind the ac controller, it fit nicely back there. Then I mounted the antenna on the little plastic plate the splits the windshield vents. You can pop that little plastic plate up and it drops down right behind the stereo.

Paul

·
on line
114 Posts
wstein said:
Then I mounted the antenna on the little plastic plate the splits the windshield vents. You can pop that little plastic plate up and it drops down right behind the stereo.
You may find that you have drop outs in that location. XM does have a better repeater network than Sirius so you may not notice it as much as I did when I had my antenna in a similar location.

·
on line
59 Posts
I get a little fuzz everynow and a then. I am going to see how it works back off road under some trees

·
on line
28 Posts
I mounted my Skyfi unit in the cubby hole right below the radio etc. It fit perfectly there and ran the wire under the dash and glove placing the XM antenna right next to the X's one on the right side of the hood. Although the instructions say the satellite antenna should be mounted center on the roof somewhere I've had great reception placing it right next to the truck's antenna and it was less of a hassle running the wires.

·
on line
82 Posts
Under the steering column, after removing the knee panel, there is a removable metal "c'" channel brace. I removed that channel, attached all the sat gear to that and then re-installed it. It was a very clean install and it was nice to be able to do all the mounting in my apartment rather than all contorted in the car.

No mounting tape, no rattles, ease of accessibility, and it reduces the amount of stuff behind the center stack that can rattle.

There's a lot of room down there.

Good luck

·
on line
148 Posts
I just installed a Kenwood DDX-7019 with sirius & the sigma antenna. I put the kenwood adapter in the space behind the a/c controls, and the sirius tuner is near the kick panel where the factory one should be. easy install.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts