Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
heyy..anyone else starting to get the mod itch now that the days are getting longer and March is around the corner? I am at least.

Kicking around some ideas while I wait on determining the next lift components going on and the Shrock bumper I have coming in late May.

There's a couple guys on instagram I follow who have sick 4runners. They've both sticker bombed their air dams and I like the way they've turned out.

Thoughts? Im also kicking around the idea of covering it (minus the bar curves on the edges) in some kind of funky camo vinyl wrap, like urban camo or digital or something.

Im also working with custom car grills on making some letters for an official looking "Satoshi Mod"

I will be doing N I S S A N in an off white/egg shell white with black matte grill. Hoping to get that project rolling beginning of March.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Yeah, it def looks cool. We, however have a MUCH larger air dam, so idk how that would look covered in stickers.

As for the grill, I really like that toyota one...I'm very interested to see what you come up with...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Maybe Ill NISMO bomb the air dam, that will get me at least 1,000 additional hps
Custom car grills just sent me his first letter, looks good. Im making them 2'' in height by 1/4'' thickness, Arial Black font. I will be using the same grill pattern i used for the Datsun mod. cant go wrong with his price per letter for made to order, not sure if he's cutting me a deal so I wont list price

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
A guy in the neighborhood where I use to work had a blue gen 1 X. He put a blue background with bright yellow rubber duckies on the air dam. When I go back to work this weekend I'll see if he's still around.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
lol. I know that 4runner in the top pic. That's a buddy of mine from the local 4wd club.

here's his build thread if you want more pics...
http://www.mo4wd.com/index.php?topic=63.0

here's a more recent pic

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That guys got a great looking truck Delta, small world.
I'm still up in the air with what I want to do with the air dam, but I got my letters in the mail today, they turned out good, I really like working with Matt from customcargrills.com, he's a good dude.

Side view to show the depth

My next step will be to give these guys a couple layers of paint, clear coat. Then I'll figure out how to mount them best with the grill. I also got the swivel tabs he sells with zip ties, so I can swap out the Datsun grill with this one and vice versa, and just use new ties.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Not a fan of the sticker bomb too honda rice'ish ..but the camo look awsome !. Id do a white and black camo on mine . I want to do it to the hood but the wife would stab me in the neck

·
on line
3,171 Posts
Agreed with the ricerish comments. The sticker bombing seems kinda childish and meant for teenagers with rice wagons and too much of daddy's money... Looks like a wannabe of the side of a subway car.

But that's my opinion.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts