Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

SAS Is a GO!

114K views 348 replies 54 participants last post by  MTN 
#1 · (Edited)
Ordering parts this week, and hopefully start the swap in two-three weeks. Will keep everyone updated if interested.

Part's List:
Dana 44 - Ford Bronco 78-79
Dana 44 4.56:1 Ring and Pinion
Dana 44 Master Install Kit
Ford 9" - Ford Bronco 78-79
Ford 9" 4.56:1 Ring and Pinion
Ford 9" Master Install Kit
Bronco Monster Radius Arms - High Travel
Fox 2" Coilovers - Emulsion
Eibach 300lb Coil Springs
Rebuilt Steering Box
Custom Tie Rod and Drag Link
Pittman Arm
Ford Radius Arm Clamps
Custom Front Track Bar
Steering Shaft
Bilistien Shocks - Rear
Misc Front Axle Parts - Brakes, Brake Lines, etc.
Custom Hydraulic Steering Lines
Custom Front Bump Stops
Custom HD CV Drive Shaft
Custom T-Case/Tranny Mount/ Skid
Misc Parts for Rear Spring Over
Custom Front Skid Plate

EDIT: Adding pics on the first page since most links in the thread are dead.

See less See more
#2 ·
damn, your not wasting any time..that is badass...
Definately keep us posted and post lots of pics!

#5 ·
Re: SAS is a go!

Offroad said:
:eek:ccasion5: :thumbright: :thumbleft: :hello1:

PonyBoy said:
Will keep everyone updated if interested.
Please...

About the rear SOA, will you have to move the axle forward and/or modify the driveline angle
It will need a new drive shaft for the rear, but we don't expect to move the axle. I will let you know for sure when we are working on the SOA.

#7 ·
Crap there goes next years tax return!

Good luck and keep up very updated with pictures if you could. Something else that would be cool is a daily log, or journal, that you could post. This would show people how much work it is, and what are typical problems on this type of swap. It is just a thought.

#8 ·
Dude if this works you better take pics and a very detailed write up during the whole process. If not then you're banned from here. J/K. :D Keep us all updated.

#15 ·
dynamix said:
i know its early, but have you figured out if you will be running 35s or maybe even bigger tires? thoughts on that?
I will be running 35s. I was aiming for 36-37 inch, but the rear axle can't be regeared until Nismo comes out with something. So since im staying with stock gears, I will stay at 35s.

#16 ·
B Slater said:
Crap there goes next years tax return!

Good luck and keep up very updated with pictures if you could. Something else that would be cool is a daily log, or journal, that you could post. This would show people how much work it is, and what are typical problems on this type of swap. It is just a thought.
Well I stopped being lazy and started updating my Alpine X site. I will post here and update my site during the process. My Alpine Tribe Site

#17 ·
Great. I'm waiting anxiously you for you to get the install done. If it works out then I'm going to get myself a donor axle and start working on getting the needed parts. :D

G
#18 ·
Jordan, what is the approximate cost of the parts so far, and what is the projected total cost of the project at this point? ( with separate costs for parts and labor if you are paying Allphase for the install. )

#21 ·
Price for parts is around $4,900. Which is not a bad deal when the price on the SLR i had on order was $4,800. I do not have a good enough estimate on labor price to post at this time. There is some X owner's willing to help regear, extend lines, etc (pretty much everything but weld). However, I am trying to decide if the extra price for labor is worth it (if All Phase does the work, it will be under warranty for 1yr/12,000 miles).

G
#22 ·
i hear you on the price for SAS vs the price for SLRs lift. it doesnt make sense to put on a $5k lift, then SAS a couple years down the road. just get it done right the first time and pay for it once.

also added to the cost will be the rear end? or is that figured in already?

thanks for sharing all your info by the way.

#23 ·
dynamix said:
also added to the cost will be the rear end? or is that figured in already?
The price includes the SOA rear end. What the price does not include, is gears for the rear (none available yet). I will be losing off the line power because of this.

#25 ·
Why not just replace the rear axle too? If you are already spending that much, what is another $2k for a new rear axle. Then all bolt patterns will match and getting gears would not be an issue.

Though, to be honest, this sounds like a bit much to do to a brand new truck. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.