Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 347 Posts

·
on line
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordering parts this week, and hopefully start the swap in two-three weeks. Will keep everyone updated if interested.

Part's List:
Dana 44 - Ford Bronco 78-79
Dana 44 4.56:1 Ring and Pinion
Dana 44 Master Install Kit
Ford 9" - Ford Bronco 78-79
Ford 9" 4.56:1 Ring and Pinion
Ford 9" Master Install Kit
Bronco Monster Radius Arms - High Travel
Fox 2" Coilovers - Emulsion
Eibach 300lb Coil Springs
Rebuilt Steering Box
Custom Tie Rod and Drag Link
Pittman Arm
Ford Radius Arm Clamps
Custom Front Track Bar
Steering Shaft
Bilistien Shocks - Rear
Misc Front Axle Parts - Brakes, Brake Lines, etc.
Custom Hydraulic Steering Lines
Custom Front Bump Stops
Custom HD CV Drive Shaft
Custom T-Case/Tranny Mount/ Skid
Misc Parts for Rear Spring Over
Custom Front Skid Plate

EDIT: Adding pics on the first page since most links in the thread are dead.

·
on line
807 Posts
damn, your not wasting any time..that is badass...
Definately keep us posted and post lots of pics!

G

·
0 Posts
ok, now im jealous! if it works out for you, and i know it will, im going to be saving up to do that in the next year or so.

·
on line
641 Posts
Re: SAS is a go!

:eek:ccasion5: :thumbright: :thumbleft: :hello1:

PonyBoy said:
Will keep everyone updated if interested.
Please...

About the rear SOA, will you have to move the axle forward and/or modify the driveline angle

·
on line
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: SAS is a go!

Offroad said:
:eek:ccasion5: :thumbright: :thumbleft: :hello1:

PonyBoy said:
Will keep everyone updated if interested.
Please...

About the rear SOA, will you have to move the axle forward and/or modify the driveline angle
It will need a new drive shaft for the rear, but we don't expect to move the axle. I will let you know for sure when we are working on the SOA.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
:wav:

Jordan you rock!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so psyched for you and I can't wait to follow along and see how it goes.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Crap there goes next years tax return!

Good luck and keep up very updated with pictures if you could. Something else that would be cool is a daily log, or journal, that you could post. This would show people how much work it is, and what are typical problems on this type of swap. It is just a thought.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Dude if this works you better take pics and a very detailed write up during the whole process. If not then you're banned from here. J/K. :D Keep us all updated.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
:cheers:
Good luck I cannot wait to see pictures.

·
on line
496 Posts
all that work so he can put black steely's on. :laughing4: :nike:

·
on line
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a day, just got back from the junkyard. Im a proud owner of a dana 44 ford 79 bronco axle! Thanks to some nissan owners, we got it pulled off today, and got a sweet deal. And we also found out the X should be able to run 15 inch wheels now.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
If you need a lift while the X is on blocks let me know :walk:

G

·
0 Posts
i know its early, but have you figured out if you will be running 35s or maybe even bigger tires? thoughts on that?

·
on line
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dynamix said:
i know its early, but have you figured out if you will be running 35s or maybe even bigger tires? thoughts on that?
I will be running 35s. I was aiming for 36-37 inch, but the rear axle can't be regeared until Nismo comes out with something. So since im staying with stock gears, I will stay at 35s.

·
on line
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
B Slater said:
Crap there goes next years tax return!

Good luck and keep up very updated with pictures if you could. Something else that would be cool is a daily log, or journal, that you could post. This would show people how much work it is, and what are typical problems on this type of swap. It is just a thought.
Well I stopped being lazy and started updating my Alpine X site. I will post here and update my site during the process. My Alpine Tribe Site

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Great. I'm waiting anxiously you for you to get the install done. If it works out then I'm going to get myself a donor axle and start working on getting the needed parts. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Jordan, what is the approximate cost of the parts so far, and what is the projected total cost of the project at this point? ( with separate costs for parts and labor if you are paying Allphase for the install. )

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Send your response in a private message Jordan. I DON"T EVEN WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH...

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I would like to know how much, so just close your eyes!

1 - 20 of 347 Posts