Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PacificaX and I headed out to Anza Borrego on Thursday to see if we could get some good sunset photos from Font's Point. Started off in Ella Wash, then across Palo Verde and Short Wash to Font's Wash, with a stop at Vista del Malpais along the way.

Here are few shots from the washes.

The Badlands from Vista del Malpais

From Font's Point.

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Constantly changing light as the sun goes down at Font's Point.

When I first saw this next one I thought the white-balance setting on my camera had been changed, but the embedded data says it was the same as the others. I kind of like the almost unearthly colors.

End of the day, time to get back in the warm truck and head home.

·
on line
1,420 Posts
ha ha...love the starbucks pinguin!....my wife has the same one...pin-guin-"O"

-j

·
on line
45 Posts
It was a cool day in the desert. I am really enjoying trooping around in the washes of ABDSP!

Here are some of my shots from the trip. Not as good as Frank's I'm afraid...

I really like the way some of these scenes look like ancient ruins

Drift sands in the wash

art shots

More obligatory truck shots

Sunset over the Badlands Redux, a forbidding landscape...

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Amazing scenery. Im gonna make it a must to start the off-roading Xpeditions again for 2008. Cant wait to wheel with you guys again.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
WOW, nice. I'm gunna make this trip from Tucson. My GPS says it's only 306 miles. I'll make it a long weekend kinda of deal. Any advice on finding the trails you were on coming from my direction?

Thanks!

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dezurtrat said:
WOW, nice. I'm gunna make this trip from Tucson. My GPS says it's only 306 miles. I'll make it a long weekend kinda of deal. Any advice on finding the trails you were on coming from my direction?

Thanks!
The trails in this thread were just south of Hwy S-22 starting near the Arroyo Salado campground, right about at mile marker 36. If you're in this area be sure to check out 17 Palms Oasis too (see the pics in one of my other posts).

Coming in from Tucson you'll probably be coming west on I-8, you could exit onto S-2 at Ocotillo and go up that way, or exit earlier at El Centro and go north to connect to Hwy 78 and take that into Anza Borrego. That latter route would take you close the start of the Fish Creek / Sandstone Canyon trail.

If you are coming out let us know, perhaps some of us from SCCX can come out and join you for a day. www.sccxterra.com

Camping is allowed anywhere in Anza Borrego Desert State Park, but you must have a metal container for your fire. There are lots of cliffs and high rock walls that would seem to provide nice shade and shelter, but be aware of falling rocks. At least one club member has lost his rear hatch glass this way. You'll see lots of evidence of falling rocks on the trails (sometimes even blocking them).

Let me know if you want more details on any specific trail.

·
on line
564 Posts
Thanks for reminding me how much I miss being out west. Nice pics!

Rob

·
on line
2,004 Posts
dezurtrat said:

Thanks!
Dezurtrat, lemme know when you are going to do this, I might come along.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts