Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The S/T Maxxes are a really heavy tire in 285/75R16. I can honestly say that 3.69's make the truck feel like stock during acceleration. The brakes on the other hand...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
I bought a Hefty front bumper with amber Rigid fogs, Hefty aluminum rad skid, OME HD coilovers, and SPC UCA's from afghanski and installed them yesterday at his shop in Vegas. The drive was totally worth it and the parts when on perfectly, and Will is a stand-up guy (he helped me install everything on my truck for the drive back home, and then hit the road to drive 50 miles to pull out a buddy stuck in some sand). The bumper's a little dirty, but the OME's, UCA's, and rad skid are in perfect shape. The OME's are so smooth on road, I can't wait to try them out off-road.

I've also spent the last few weekends re-doing the entire auxiliary electrical system with rock lights, roof mounted alley and rear lights, a new 40" curved LED light bar, and a 20" bumper LED light bar

I still have to wire up a few more lights, and am waiting on my Maxterra rear tire carrier bumper, but this Xterra will be ready for Moab next year.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks guys!
I put the fuse panel there because I should not have to contort myself just to replace a fuse and most of the relevant fuses are already there. I wired everything so that the engine bay fuse panel covers come off and rest on the intake manifold so I can access the main electrical stuff as well, no need to undo any wires to replace any fuses.

I have the fogs wired to the existing harness. The front facing LED light bars are enabled with high-beams. The roof lights (alley and rear facing) are wired to constant power with a DPDT switch (up = all on, middle = all off, down = rear on in reverse). The locker is wired to come on in 4-lo and the dash light comes on when the locker is engaged (handiest electrical mod ever). Rock lights are enabled with parking lights.

I ended up trading my grill with my bumper when I picked up the Hefty, but it needs some work. I'll get some perforated aluminum mesh and try to make it look as good as KUMA's soon. The bumper needs a fresh coat of paint, but it's too cold now. Next year I'll have the bumper sandblasted and powdercoated in Black Tex to match my rear bumper.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
how did you do the grille? just split the two pieces of plastinc and sandwich that mesh in between? I gotta get some mesh or something for mine...I cut everything out but now I have big ugly holes there and you can see all my crappy cuts lol

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
21 - 40 of 42 Posts