Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light Car
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Dog
Audio equipment Machine Auto part Font Engineering

Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle Car Tire
Vehicle Automotive lighting House Building Motor vehicle

Explanation: My rig is white. Red rig is from the Roxterra.com website, illustrating what future mods should look like.

Username: Salt
Xterra’s Name: The Desert Rat

Make: Nissan
Year: 2013
Model: Xterra
Trim: PRO-4X
Color: Glacier White
Transmission: Automatic

HISTORY
Two previous owners. Acquired by Salt on April 21, 2022 at 46,818 miles.

COMPLETED MODS
Sliders and lift by previous owner
Refinished white sliders in black non-skid Rust-oleum bed liner paint
Roxterra molle panels on doors
Hamilton pet cargo liner (nice custom work)
Roxterra Sherpa panels for Rotopax water/gas jugs, recovery tracks, and Pelican boxes
  • 4/29/2022... Robert of Roxterra fame installed my Sherpas -- with tips, hints, and entertaining stories at no extra charge.
Quick Fist clamps attached to the Roxterra Sherpa L base bracket - puts a shovel on top of the rig (more or less out of reach of people who can't leave other people's things alone) but not interfering with the roof rack which should arrive in late May 2022.
Uniden Bearcat 980 SSB CB radio with FireStik antenna mounted on the standard rack with a muffler clamp and a straight mount like this as described by NutsGoWeee in 2012. Uniden doesn't provide a cigarette lighter option. Got the cigarette lighter power source. Seems to work just fine.

MODS IN PROGRESS
Wet Okole seat covers (black with neon green trim)... Ordered for delivery in May
GMRS radio (Midland MTX400)
  • 4/28/2022... Radio arrived. Another beast: 40 watts. Again, no cigarette lighter. Watched the Youtube videos on using a fuse box as the power source. Got a multi-meter and fuse tab to do the job.
Roxterra LowRider roof rack (aluminum for weight)
  • 4/29/2022... Ordered for production and delivery in May
OTHER PLANNED MODS
Maintain standard front bumper -- add winch carrier with winch
Roxterra tread board panels on the "L" brackets of the Roxterra Sherpas
Roxterra molle panels on back side windows
Rear bumper projects
  • ShrockWorks rear bumper with tire rack (?)
  • Rear-mounted racks for water and gas jugs (?)
  • 3 six-gallon disc jugs in the spare tire well for 18 additional gallons of gas (?)
  • Work table mounted to tire rack: ShrockWorks Tire Carrier Table
  • Onboard air compressor on the tire rack? Probably not under the hood because the additional deep cycle battery needs to go there.
ShrockWorks front bumper with remote solenoid winch
Dual batteries (standard and deep cycle) with Roxterra dual battery tray
Side-mounted awning with side panels so we don't have to move with the sun
Quick Fist mounts for long-handled tools inside hatch door

THE VISION

Goal

A vehicle for two different uses: A) Mobile management center for volunteer work and B) light overland trekking (no rock crawling, this is my Mon-Fri work vehicle).

Objectives
  • Create work space for multiple managers for church projects
  • Create living space (camping) for one adult (me) and one 80 lb. German Shepherd
  • Maximize fuel economy
  • Minimize the hassle of reconfiguring for two different uses

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Honestly not really sure. It appears Avalanche White was not offered in 2013, but they look very similar to me.

I have an aluminum Roxterra Lowrider for my camping/light off roading and have been very pleased. He just has great well crafted stuff. Have also been looking at his rear ladder and the dog bones as they look like a great way to carry extra alfuel and water.

·
Premium Member
2013 Xterra PRO-4X
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly not really sure. It appears Avalanche White was not offered in 2013, but they look very similar to me.

I have an aluminum Roxterra Lowrider for my camping/light off roading and have been very pleased. He just has great well crafted stuff. Have also been looking at his rear ladder and the dog bones as they look like a great way to carry extra alfuel and water.
Thank you for the good info. Yeah, I like the workmanship I'm seeing at RoXterra too!

What I really need is a clone--earning a second paycheck so I can afford all of these projects! LOL

Reactions: Argan
1 - 5 of 5 Posts