Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! First let me say that these forums are awesome! I've got a question though, I have an S model xterra (2006) with the stock tires. Is it possible to put on the offroad model tires without needing to add a lift kit to make more room for them? If so, has anybody done this or does anybody have any pics? Here's my X on Jekyll Island, GA last Sunday...

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Welcome.

Yes you can easyly fit OR size tires 265/75/16 with out a lift or trimming. You can also step up to a 285/75/16 with a little modification to the inner plastic fender.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
you have to watch for low clearance signs with the bike up there...how tall is it with the bike on top?

·
on line
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's pretty dang tall. I have to first step on the step rail, then eventually use the rear tire to stand on to hike the bike up all the way. It's sort of awkward to do at first, but over time you get used to it. I'm not sure how tall the X is but I'd add 3-4 feet in height with the bike on top.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Mine has 16" I think the SE has 17"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.