Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've got an S model 06 X and so far everything is stock...but I want lift! Nothing major, but something to set it apart from all the stock X's around town. I found this link and was wondering if it'll work for the S model for a little lift? I'm new and I'm certainly not a mechanic so I'll probably have to find a shop to install these. Thanks!

Link:
http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html...2&ps_session=4a27e5a58a2acc4ee236a379ae56e35f

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Do you plan to wheel or do you just want to be a bit different? If the latter, I would get a spacer & AAL lift.

People that sell/make front spacers:
Calmini
Daystar
RPG (Prerunner Greg)
Ebay Special (there are a number of people selling spacers on ebay)

People that sell/make AAL:
Calmini
Deaver (sold by PRG)
AC (4x4parts.com)
Alcan (makes an entire new spring pack, not just AAL)
*or you can run down to your local truck spring shop and have them make you a AAL pack.

These would be your cheaper solution. You can also go with a shackle lift in the rear, but after running just shackles, I didn't like how the springs flattened.

·
on line
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably more to be different. I live in Southeast Georgia on the coast so their's not too much wheelin to be done besides getting to a few bike trails. Thanks for the feedback muzikman..hey, I play drums!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I played drums for many years (close to 18 years) but havn't played in while as I have no room for any of my kits.

If it's mostly for looks and mild offroading, spacer up front and AAL (or Shackles) in the rear is the way to go. You don't have to worry about new shocks, brake lines, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts