Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I ran my Satellite radio antenna up through the channel. The wire is so thin I never put anything on to hold it down. Plus the end has the magnet which holds it in place. Came loose a couple times when I went through an automatic car wash. I'm going to put some black silicone in but just haven't done it.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I used black silicone. It was a pain to get it to stay smooth and dry clean. It ended up looking alright.

I have since undone it and have the wires through the roof now. Honestly, that way was way easier! I highly recommend using one of these and just going through the roof. (have to pick the size that works for you based upon the diameter of wire you're using)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BPV9TY/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
765 Posts
I used silicone to run up both sides of my windshield. Run the bead, put in place, and painters tape down until tack. First round didn't hold very well onto the loom and both sides eventually yanked off(one side while going 70 mph into a 50 mph head wind). However once I ran a new bead of silicone on the old stuff and it cured, its held strong since. I'm guessing the problem was that the loom probably should have been cleaned prior to the first attempt, most likely with a grease/wax remover or even acetone.

·
Registered
550 Posts
just pop off the finishing clips on the handle (on the pillar) and undo the two screws, then the whole pillar plastic comes off. it's super easy, and you can route your wire wherever you want and use the two screws to pin it in place or zap strap/loom it tot he other wires :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
re read the post and now I'm assuming you mean on the outside of the truck. go for the inside it's much better. there's a grommet you can run the wires through in the footwell of the driver's side. run them up and along your doorframe with a flathead screwdriver, and then up the pillar, pop your dome light out (pull back on it and it clips out) and fish over the two feet of headliner, then drill a hole in your roof and run the wires out through there. then silicone the grommet you used in the hole. mine works like a charm with about an hour's worth of work getting the wires run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts