Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Heard from a buddy of mine on NPORA that Steven has closed down Rugged Rocks and see the same on their instagram. I don't know the details.

I am sad to see them go as my preferred vendor. Steven put lots of effort into developing new things for us Nissan enthusiasts.
you sure....? cus his site has nothing on it, nor FB?

·
Registered
240 Posts
That is a crying shame if it's true. I got my lift from him and unlike other vendors in the Nissan realm he was quick and painless. My general plan for the future was if he had it and I needed it, I'd go with him.

@SteeevO are you here to confirm or douse any rumors?
Well crap.... I haven’t interacted with Steven or purchased anything from RR but from all the previous posts I’ve heard is that he’s a great guy! Sad to see a reliable and reputable vendor leave especially since we already are limited on retailers and vendors for the X! Thanks for your great work though Steven!

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
This is going to hurt the Nissan community a decent amount, though I hope someone will fill the void. At this point I wish I hadn’t traded my re-geared diffs for stock geared ones for the sake of a Ford 9 inch rear. Cue rig for sale ad, haha. In all seriousness I hope that this is the correct move for Steven and that he’ll be happy with the future.

·
NewX’er 4life
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you sure....? cus his site has nothing on it, nor FB?
Yeah unfortunately, also included the Instagram link if you want to check yourself. While I was asking around for confirmation earlier, some people got back to me recently and included additional details. It looks like it is closing for personal reasons and I'll leave it at that. He might be selling the business but I'm not sure. I wish him well in his future endeavors, he was a standup dude for sure!

·
NewX’er 4life
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Administrator
19,337 Posts
Mmm... Hopefully it's not like the same thing that happened with Jason.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
I can only hope that whoever takes over doesn't mess with success. The news has gotten me bummed about the availability of parts for a re-gear when I'm ready.

·
Premium Member
2,873 Posts
So sad
Such a great guy and excellent vendor!!
Wealth of knowledge too!

Was planning several more purchases upcoming on the Fronty build with him.

Damn!

Best wishes Steevo!
All past purchases and assistance were very much appreciated!

Dave

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
24 Participants
AdventureRider81
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing