Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my floormats today, but here's the kicker...I went in a couple of weeks ago and asked the dealership how much they were and they said $80. I said wow that's pretty high, and he went somewhere, came back and said "how about $65." I told him I would think about it. I went back saturday and wanted to get them, different guy was there and he said the same thing. I told him another guy told me 65. He said ok, we can do that. I know that doesn't sound like a good price considering online is the same, BUT when you factor in shipping, it's about $20 cheaper. I know long story, but if you don't have any, you can try it, and save a little bit of money

·
on line
735 Posts
I had some mats I bought at sears for $4 ea when they had a sale..the same ones you can get at Walmart for $8.

they fit the xterra well enough and the factory ones underneath it look brand new.

·
on line
131 Posts
I have the same ones as mcampana. They are awesome, especially in snow. My wife's '07 has the Nissan rubber mats, and she is going to buy the Weathertech mats this fall, before the snow starts flying up here. The carpet in her truck has some stains from snow-dirt and salt that was picked up by shoes, but mine looks new (and it's an '05). I put them in soon as the truck came home. It really is worth the money to keep your carpet dry and clean for all seasons.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
contenderv07 said:
I just got my floormats today, but here's the kicker...I went in a couple of weeks ago and asked the dealership how much they were and they said $80. I said wow that's pretty high, and he went somewhere, came back and said "how about $65." I told him I would think about it. I went back saturday and wanted to get them, different guy was there and he said the same thing. I told him another guy told me 65. He said ok, we can do that. I know that doesn't sound like a good price considering online is the same, BUT when you factor in shipping, it's about $20 cheaper. I know long story, but if you don't have any, you can try it, and save a little bit of money
I've found that with my dealer as well...
they have a suggested retail price which is the ridiculous, high one they gave you and then a lowest sale price. When I first started seeing the dealer about parts quotes I'd ask "is that the best you can do" or "i can get it online for" and they'd always come back with"ok, we can match that" or "how's this price _?"
Now that i've ben there so much they just give the the lowest price all the time. :cheers:

·
on line
1,361 Posts
65 is the employee cost I beleive. that is what I paid for mine.

I think 65 for front and rear rubber floor mats that fit perfectly is a good price. I paid 65 for my jeep huskie liner and that was fronts only and I personallly like the factory nissan ones better.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
I think I ended up paying about $60 from an acution off of ebay. If you can pay $5 more and get the same thing the day you want it, you might as well.

·
on line
45 Posts
I got the nissan OEM rubber mats too. For 65 bux at the dealership. Same exact deal, first he says 80 when I balked he looked at the computer and then said how about 65?!

I really like 'em I got a weathertech liner for the cargo area, and it's nice but maybe a bit overpriced.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts