Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rough Road to Red Rock... also known as Rocky Gap... is a 3 star trail with 4 star obstacles. Trail was run this past weekend, and it was insane! It was our first time running the trail west to east. We ran into some problems, mostly with other drivers coming head on because there is no place to turn around so they gotta back up and pull onto the hill. Pictures don't do justice on the rock course... when I first saw the pictures it looked easy. Then I was standing at the bottom of the hill looking up at the really rocky trail! We walked it, to find the best possible line, and conquered the whole trail... with 2 stock Xterras and mine! I think we did excellent, nobody had any body damage at all! Total run time approx. 6 hours with 60+ miles of driving from our meeting point and back.

5 miles into the trail you hit this rock course, which last about a mile. After this its pretty much a 3 star trail until you hit Red Rock Canyon, then it turns into a 2 star trail.

2001 Xterra stock

Jason's 2006 Xterra

My bumper sticker!!

I got stuck!

Professional mall crawler :geek:

As you can see in the pictures, I was the only one with sliders... but still nobody hit their rockers. We will run this trail again, after others get some armor and lifts. It did rain while we were up there, which made it harder to do the course, but we still managed! I can't wait to go back again!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
So the guy with the stock rails still has them attached? That's impressive.

Looks like you need a Shrock bumper. ;)

This scares me just looking at it. How far down was it?

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hill started to slide under me, I was driving on the center, but I should have stayed far left. But the drop was far, really far. My girlfriend was riding shot gun too.... yea, I heard about it after... but she wasn't as scared as I was. I didn't want to scratch the side of my truck!

And yes I do need a Schrock front bumper... soon.
Yes the first gen still has the stock side steps attached, even after all those rocks! He slid on them a few times but didnt manage to rip them off.

·
on line
564 Posts
Awesome pics!

driver X said:
The hill started to slide under me....
I think I would'a soiled my britches!

Rob

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Looks like a fun trail! I will have to give that one a try.....

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tuckin' the tire

Fully flexed on stock shocks with AC shackles

Rear leafs are dead, almost flat and it bottoms out every time now. Looking to upgrade to Deavers full leaf pack with new shocks and bumpstops... but i gotta piece together the front lift so it matches the rear too... soon it will be done!

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Dude i should have pm'd you. I was up there this weekend and we just wheeled a bit out in boulder city at Bootleg canyon bike park. Not sure if your familiar with the place but its a mountain bikers desert paradise. Anyways nice X. We are almost identical except im on black MB's. Ill definitely pm you next time around.

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jason!

lets wheel!

anyone up for Wheelers Pass? rate 2-3/5... not bad for stock vehicles if anyone else wants to go

·
on line
1,206 Posts
I probably could make the drive, I need to wheel and am sick of the trails here. When were you guys thinkin?

·
on line
13,466 Posts
I could go, but keep this in mind. I wont have my truck, so ill be a passenger. And ill be staying at a friends house. So id probably need someone to pic my ass up. AND, i could go sunday or monday. But thats it.. I get in at like 930 saturday night. Would be cool to meet you guys though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts