Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve seen some threads on this and it’s kinda all over the place so I figure I ask for myself. I’m installing a rough country level kit on my 2007 Nissan Xterra and I want to install 2” wheel spacers as well. I’m going for an aggressive look and as of right now I have the 265/16 Tires on there that are nothing special but also looking to upgrade them as well. I don’t plan on doing rock climbing maybe some trail runs and beach runs that’s about it.
So my questions are
1.- There’s threads saying there is a clank noise that comes when you hit a pot hole. Is there anything I can install to prevent that?

2.- With the 2” wheel spacers; should I have to cut anything with the tires I have on now?
Also can anyone share a picture if they have 2” wheel spacers installed on their xterra?

3.- Looking for recommendations on tires how big can I go? I like an aggressive tread but of course nothing that breaks the bank.

Any feed back is appreciated

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra S
584 Posts
So I’ve seen some threads on this and it’s kinda all over the place so I figure I ask for myself. I’m installing a rough country level kit on my 2007 Nissan Xterra and I want to install 2” wheel spacers as well. I’m going for an aggressive look and as of right now I have the 265/16 Tires on there that are nothing special but also looking to upgrade them as well. I don’t plan on doing rock climbing maybe some trail runs and beach runs that’s about it.
So my questions are
1.- There’s threads saying there is a clank noise that comes when you hit a pot hole. Is there anything I can install to prevent that?

2.- With the 2” wheel spacers; should I have to cut anything with the tires I have on now?
Also can anyone share a picture if they have 2” wheel spacers installed on their xterra?

3.- Looking for recommendations on tires how big can I go? I like an aggressive tread but of course nothing that breaks the bank.

Any feed back is appreciated
1. Coil bucket contact. Upper control arm contacts coil bucket. Aftermarket uca will help.

2. And 3. Depends on tire. Not all are true to size. Changing the offset so much is the issue. Plug your numbers into an online tool like willtheyfit.com and then go measure at full lock how much clearance you have. Any spacer causes contact with 285/75R16s. With OEM sized tire you may not have to do any cutting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 Xterra SE
998 Posts
The RC 2.5" spacer can cause cbc.
I have a 2" spacer lift and don't have it. But it does contact at full droop.
You can install either cheaper bump stops to soften the clank or expensive aftermarket arms to avoid it.

I have 1.5" wheel spacers on 285/70/17, basically the same as 285/75/16) , and yes for sure you need to cut. There is a how to on where to trim when you have 33s and wheel spacers. it's not that bad actually and easy to cover up.

I like Falken Wildpeak Atw3 or BFG KO2 , AT not too aggressive, but perform well on and off road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. Coil bucket contact. Upper control arm contacts coil bucket. Aftermarket uca will help.

2. And 3. Depends on tire. Not all are true to size. Changing the offset so much is the issue. Plug your numbers into an online tool like willtheyfit.com and then go measure at full lock how much clearance you have. Any spacer causes contact with 285/75R16s. With OEM sized tire you may not have to do any cutting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thanks for the advice definitely going to look into some after market uca

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The RC 2.5" spacer can cause cbc.
I have a 2" spacer lift and don't have it. But it does contact at full droop.
You can install either cheaper bump stops to soften the clank or expensive aftermarket arms to avoid it.

I have 1.5" wheel spacers on 285/70/17, basically the same as 285/75/16) , and yes for sure you need to cut. There is a how to on where to trim when you have 33s and wheel spacers. it's not that bad actually and easy to cover up.

I like Falken Wildpeak Atw3 or BFG KO2 , AT not too aggressive, but perform well on and off road.
Thanks for the advice I may go with some new uca my xterra is a 07 had a lot of rusted parts may just kill two birds with one stone by replacing it. I’m on the fence now on installing the wheel spacers I may put them on to see how it looks mite want to swap them for 1.5 or just upgrade my wheels eventually when I do the tires and do a offset. Those tires you recommend are legit I like both! Once I figure out The wheel situation that’s my next move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts