Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rotopax has a large assortment of their blemished products listed at 50% the normal price.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Can't remember if it was here or on Facebook, but there was someone raising hell that a blem wasn't capable of being locked down (something in the locking/mounting area was messed up). And they wouldn't replace it, and said blems were non-fundable. They said its a gas can, and it holds gas just fine... so it matched with the blem's definition of "functioning".

I'm hoping it was a limited issue. And maybe the customer service was brought on as backlash for an attitude (no one admits to starting the attitude competition)... just thought I'd give a bit of warning.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
I have 3 2-gallon containers and that’s enough for me. Face blemish on the big flat parts I could flip over. Non visible locations or stacked could work for some. mounting issue should be disclosed.

I would prefer to see what I am buying, so the half price hasn’t tempted me enough yet.

At 70% off, I would want to get the 3 gallon gas container.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Can't remember if it was here or on Facebook, but there was someone raising hell that a blem wasn't capable of being locked down (something in the locking/mounting area was messed up). And they wouldn't replace it, and said blems were non-fundable. They said its a gas can, and it holds gas just fine... so it matched with the blem's definition of "functioning".

I'm hoping it was a limited issue. And maybe the customer service was brought on as backlash for an attitude (no one admits to starting the attitude competition)... just thought I'd give a bit of warning.
"These packs are the same quality as our regular packs, but with minor cosmetic defects either on the surface or inside the neck. "

If it doesn't mount its not cosmetic. Thats why you pay with paypal or a cc, so if its not as described and they won't fix it - you don't pay.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I picked up one or two "blemished" ones locally when I was living in Utah where they are made. I don't remember what the blemishes were, and don't think they are at all noticeable, certainly have not impacted the function. FWIW I wouldn't hesitate buying another.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts