Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally washed my truck for the first time since I got it last November (i hate winter) and I noticed that the rain gutters have some sort of gunk in them. It is in the bottom inside corners of the rain gutter pretty much the entire lenght of the gutters. Is this common? Is it some sort of water proofing or just crappy nissan quality control?

Sorry is this is a noob question.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Well, I never thought of them as "rain gutters", but if you're talking about the 1" wide grooves that runs along the outside base of the overhead racks--

--Then by golly, they are rain gutters , nope mine's clean and shiney !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Good call, cause thats what THEY DO--

quote="njsolar"]I didnt know what to call them but that is what I am talking about.[/quote]

--Naw, as far as I know, they just DIRECT the water fore and aft, like I said, mine are clear/clean--

--Maybe they (NIssan) changed their practice after mine ('06)--

-- :geek: :geek:

·
on line
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It actually runs the entire length of both gutters but it is inconsistent. I am thinking that is does not belong there but wanted to see if it is common. Looks like I will be taking a trip to the dealership next saturday. Mines an 08.

·
on line
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oops didnt realize i put this in the wrong forum. Meant to put it in exterior.

I tried to wipe out the stuff with soap yesterday and detailer spray today. I will try cleaner wax tomorrow and then it is to the dealer before i try anything stonger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts