Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or know if there is a roof rack for the Xterra that resembles the old Safari Rack that Con Fer used to make.

I am looking for something that extends from the end of the tubing to the just in front of the box up top. Oh, and I want to be able to put a spare up there too.

Thank you in advance for any information.

·
on line
257 Posts
This info came via email.

The GOBI 2005-2007 will be available by the end of April. I will e-mail you as soon as we have additional information.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at 720/479-9372.

Thank you,
Sandra
GOBI RACKS USA

·
on line
1,716 Posts
Nichol said:
This info came via email.

The GOBI 2005-2007 will be available by the end of April. I will e-mail you as soon as we have additional information.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at 720/479-9372.

Thank you,
Sandra
GOBI RACKS USA
I've shot them three e-mails about that, and never heard anything back. I'm on it when it comes out. Hopefully its like the Ranger rack. Thanks.

·
on line
463 Posts
Hey, here's one for ya!

I've got work to do in Denver area next week and am planning on visiting Gobi,,,,,,,,,,,,just to see these racks and determine what it is they are made of that commands such a great price !

Jim B

·
on line
1,716 Posts
prod39 said:
Hey, here's one for ya!

I've got work to do in Denver area next week and am planning on visiting Gobi,,,,,,,,,,,,just to see these racks and determine what it is they are made of that commands such a great price !

Jim B
Sneak in a camera...we need pics.

·
on line
1,123 Posts
The racks for the 05-07 have been delayed first by the bad weather here in Denver earlier in the year then by a huge order that they had to fill but just shipped off. There should be photos week after next if they let me post them. I'm going to ask them to have an option to put the ladder on the passenger side so that it works with a ShrockWorks rear bumper wth tire carrier.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Thanks to everyone who can provide info. on Gobi racks for the new X. I too would be all over one of those things. Nothing makes a long weekend, or a few weeks on the road, more of a breeze than a heavy-duty expedition rack.

·
on line
1,123 Posts
Gobi update

I dropped off my X this morning. They'll be measuring and fabbing the rack and ladder this week. I get my rig back Saturday but the parts will be out for powder coating. Hopefully it will be ready next week. I'll post updates and pics as I get them.

·
on line
264 Posts
i want one as well

·
on line
463 Posts
I was out there last week. ( Denver ) and visited .
They do not have the 2005-2007 design complete but, as of this writing they are working for us !
As for the ladder, they are looking at attempting to adapt to the passenger-side for those of us with "spare issues".

I can also say, after looking at other racks at their facility, that the Quality is there.

Jim B

1 - 20 of 50 Posts