Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a yakima loadwarrior and I'm noticing a rattle from the rear right corner. I have my hi lift mounted on the right side. It seems the basket is rattling and making contact with the factory rack. Anyone else have this problem? Ideas for a solution. I'm going to try driving without the hi lift mounted, and see if it is causing the problem tomorrow, I know the jack makes its own noise, so this will help isolate it. Just trying to see if anyone has had this happen, and if they know a fix? Also, can you post so pices of how yours is mounted, where the mounts are positioned, just want to see if mine are in the same location as most peoples, maybe shifting them to the front/back will help.

Thanks

·
on line
5,614 Posts
I have the mega warrior w/ext. and the HL jack w/mount, and shovel and axe w/mounts. No probs so far (never hear any rattling) but I do have to occasionally snug down the knobs on the mounting brackets. I will eventually replace those with some nuts and lock washers.

·
on line
615 Posts
KX, I had the same problem with mine even with the tire on there but I had the tire bungied down. I bought a pair of ratchet straps and snugged it down and eliminated the rattle. Mine was coming from the tire bouncing the rack into my factory bars. Try to isolate the rack from the factory rack with some rubber or a cushion that will withstand the elements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts