Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we have a bumper options thread... but none for our roof racks.

Below is a list of available roof racks. Some are drop in, while others are full replacements. This list is by no means in any specific order.

1) Xoskel Full Replacement Roof Rack
  • Xoskel Full Replacement Roof Rack replaces the almost useless OEM roof rack.
  • Bolts on to existing factory holes.
  • Fits the following years
    2005 - 2011

• Price: $850.00 USD Plus Shipping

Product Image

2) Xoskel Lo Pro LightCage (All though not a roof rack it is still a notable product pertaining to our roofs)
  • Built around the 6" KC Daylighter series this cage provides protection without extending more then 3/4" above the highest point of the stock roof rack.
    2005 - 2011 (excluding OR Model)

• Price: $150.00 USD Plus Shipping

Product Image

3) Xoskel Lo Pro LightBar
  • A single bar with four tabs placed for optimum height, keeping low while providing a universal fit for about any light you want to mount.
    2005 - 2011 (excluding OR Model)

• Price: $100.00 USD Plus Shipping

Product Image

4) Xoskel Rear Lo Pro LightBar
  • Low Profile Rear Light Bar.
    2005 - 2011

• Price: $85.00 USD Plus Shipping

Product Image

5) DepHep Drop in Roof rack
  • This is a drop-in rack that added to the original rack w/o replacing it and you don't need the cross-members, just makes your stock rack stronger.
    2005 - 2012

Please Note: Jerry Can Holders Not Included.
  • Price: $265.00 USD Plus Shipping
    *Standard Rack

Product Image

DepHep Accessories

5.1) Bolt on rear light bar
    Price: $55.00 USD

Product Image

5.2) Bolt on rear storage extension
    Price: $65.00 USD

Product Image
    Coming Soon...

5.3) Hi-Lift Mount
    Price: $50.00 USD

Product Image

5.4) 6 Tie Down Tabs
    Price: $30.00 USD

Product Image

6) Gobi Ranger Rack
  • Full Replacement Roof Rack.
    2005 - 2011

• Price: $1399.00 USD Plus Shipping

Product Image

7) Gobi Stealth Rack
  • Similar to Ranger Rack but slighter slimmer, lowering the total height of your X.
  • Full Replacement Roof Rack.
    2005 - 2011

• Price: $1399.00 USD Plus Shipping

Product Image

Gobi Accessories

7.1) Ax/ Shovel Mount
Price: $140.95 USD

Product Image

7.2) Hi-Lift Mount
Price: $140.95 USD

Product Image
Coming Soon...

7.3) Ladder
Price: $206.00 USD

Product Image

8) Yakima LoadWarrior Gear Basket
  • Mounts directly onto the Nissan Xterra factory roof rack with crossbars.

• Price: $242.10 USD Plus Shipping

Product Image
9) Baja Full Replacement Roof Rack
  • I could not find any info on this so if anyone has a link please post it up.

• Price: $xxx.00 USD Plus Shipping

Product Image

10) Garvin Wilderness Adventure Rack
  • Specifically designed to attach to the factory crossbars .
  • Up to 200 lbs.

• Price: $451.95 USD Plus Shipping

Product Image
If there is any wrong information within this post or prices have been changed please let me know and I will update it. If I find better pictures then what are currently being used I will update the post. If I have used someones image and they do not want it used please let me know and I will gladly take it down.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Why is the DepHep only compatible up to 2011? Did they change anything in 2012? It's certainly has the most appealing price. Plus it's nice to support the little guy.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why is the DepHep only compatible up to 2011? Did they change anything in 2012? It's certainly has the most appealing price. Plus it's nice to support the little guy.
Info on his site hasn't been updated since then probably. I will update the thread. The 2012 rack is the exact same so it is compatible.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Calmini has released a full replacement roof rack for the 2nd gen as well. It's not on the website but there is a thread on the "other forum" under the site sponsors.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I installed my Dephep rack today (finally) and I am pretty happy with it. I need to adjust the mounting brackets because they are lined up a little funny. I don't think it weighs a whole lot (especially since you remove the cross bars) and plan on getting the Jerry brackets at some point before I start my cross country trip. I'll post picture soon so you can see it well.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
ORS Racks Direct = awesome merchant btw.. sells the Load Warrior now at 242.00 very good deal.....I don't know where you saw it for over 300.00 but ORS is one very reputable store..
That last rack (that fits within the factory rack) is a beauty..but a little expensive for me....seeing I don't need one...but if I did, that is really sweet.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ORS Racks Direct = awesome merchant btw.. sells the Load Warrior now at 242.00 very good deal.....I don't know where you saw it for over 300.00 but ORS is one very reputable store..
That last rack (that fits within the factory rack) is a beauty..but a little expensive for me....seeing I don't need one...but if I did, that is really sweet.
Thanks, updated in OP.

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
Ill second the ORS recommendation. I ordered my Yakima FatCat-6 from them.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
595 Posts
Sorry is this has been asked before, or is widely known, but how do each of these options affect the load carrying capacity? I assume that is a function of components as opposed to mounting points? If I go with DepHep (which is where I was headed), am I limited to the current load bearing limitation that Nissan publishes? Do other options increase this?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Sorry is this has been asked before, or is widely known, but how do each of these options affect the load carrying capacity? I assume that is a function of components as opposed to mounting points? If I go with DepHep (which is where I was headed), am I limited to the current load bearing limitation that Nissan publishes? Do other options increase this?
That's a good question.. I'll give my opinion..not sure if I'm correct mind you....The factory rack says about 125 pounds for max load.. At least on my 2002 it was that much...in any case.. I think they are basing it on the load across the cross bars..Seeing that most of these racks sit not only on the cross bars..but also run along the stronger points of the roof racks parallel bars..I think those are made to take quite a load.. so like the load warrior..since its edges sit on the frame of the factory roof rack (even though the factory rack is a hollow tin foil tube..).. I think it can take quite a load up there distributed properly of course...That's my guess...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm pretty sure people have put close to 500lbs on their dephep a without an issue. Maybe more. Just gotta watch the turns, the x is top heavy as it is. I've put a bit on mine, but nothing close to 500lbs...
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2015 yesterday. I want one of these so bad.
5) DepHep Drop in Roof rack
This is a drop-in rack that added to the original rack w/o replacing it and you don't need the cross-members, just makes your stock rack stronger.
Fits the following years
2005 - 2012

Please Note: Jerry Can Holders Not Included.
Price: $265.00 USD Plus Shipping
*Standard Rack

1 - 20 of 82 Posts