Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07' Off Road and I am lookin for a roof rack that I can possibly mount lights on. what are your recomendations? and what looks the best?

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Online searches for me resulted in a bunch of Yakima and Thule sites. I just bought a Coleman rack through ebay. I read about it here and it had good reviews. I dont think it has all the accessories that the Yakima has with the tire holder and the light mounts and the axe and hi lift holders but it is a cheaper alternative.

·
on line
400 Posts
SoCalXterra said:
Online searches for me resulted in a bunch of Yakima and Thule sites. I just bought a Coleman rack through ebay. I read about it here and it had good reviews. I dont think it has all the accessories that the Yakima has with the tire holder and the light mounts and the axe and hi lift holders but it is a cheaper alternative.
is this the one you got?

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I have the Yakima but I like how the Coleman model has all those cross-members. More support.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
I got it for 160 shipped. I know the rack itself bolts on to the Xterra no problem but does anyone know how I can secure a tire up there?

·
on line
400 Posts
SoCalXterra said:
I got it for 160 shipped. I know the rack itself bolts on to the Xterra no problem but does anyone know how I can secure a tire up there?
bungee straps or cant you use the yakima spare tire carrier thing with coleman?

·
on line
400 Posts

·
on line
3,272 Posts
The black widow looks identical to the coleman. Good find. Hopefully good quality too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts