Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Jim

How about fabbing a roof rack ladder that attaches to the tire carrier bar (not the tail gate or roof rack).

Something like this:

·
on line
3,217 Posts
RedX (Brad) for those guys that knows him has one on his first gen X. It looks pretty kick ass. Not sure if it was something that Jim made or not.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Here's some pics of Brad's ladder.

·
on line
210 Posts
Here is another way to do it:

With proper stifner inside, it might work ok. But I would make it independant for the tire carrier.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Yes as your post says it would need a stifner isnide. would not trust the setup without reenforcement.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
It almost looks like it was JB welded on the top. :)

I like the first one, only it would be a pain in the ass to have to undo it every time you wanted to open the back.

G

·
0 Posts
kokopop said:
Yes as your post says it would need a stifner isnide. would not trust the setup without reenforcement.
that truck has a full cage. it is plenty stiff inside already.
if i can find the other picts of it that i saw recently i will link them. its fully herculined inside as well. and has a clear roof.

·
on line
112 Posts
I would love to see Jim offer a ladder option for the rear bumper. The only problem I can forsee is that the ladder will need some sort of upper support at the roof rack. I'm sure that nearly all of us will have different roof racks, so how should this support be made? What will be the standard?

On a related note, I'd love to see Jim offer a replacement roof rack for the X, much as Calmini did for the 1st gen, but of course much better.

G

·
0 Posts
TwinCitiesX said:
I would love to see Jim offer a ladder option for the rear bumper. ... On a related note, I'd love to see Jim offer a replacement roof rack for the X, much as Calmini did for the 1st gen, but of course much better.
ditto, and DITTO!

I would like to give my truck to Jim for about a month, and let him fab out a full cage and exo with ladder, roof rack, and of course it would all tie into the front and rear bumper and sliders. then if he could send it over to All Phase for the SAS after hes done with it, then it would be complete. (i think.)

·
on line
3,484 Posts
If I was closer, he could have mine. I'm not driving it anymore. I put it away. Broke out the ELDORADO Northstar V8 every button and whistle, 28 MPG on the same trip to work the X gets 17. Anyways the X needs a lot of work on it.

MC

·
on line
376 Posts
I would really like a ladder on the back of my X ........any one have an idea on how much it would cost to fab one?

I figured I could attach it to the top safari rack like redx's rack and but rubber bump stops on the bottom of the rack with two straight bars coming from rack to window with rubber ends to it wont touch the door.
If anyone has any good ideas let me know...

·
on line
2,070 Posts
Who own's this X? It was for sale for awhile. I saw it once when i had my
old X. Then i got a jeep..totaled. I wanted to buy it but it went of the market.
________
WEEDMAPS

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Best way of getting ahold of Jim is to just call him. He's a busy guy.

Most of the time he's the guy that answers the phone to boot!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts