Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I personally think oval lights look best below the bumper line, not on the roof. Rectangular lights look good on our roof-line. Maybe some Explorer Pro Comps or Hellas.

·
TNX Administrator
20,248 Posts
mcampana said:
Im going to be fabbing up a light bar for my roof and plan on putting 4 to 6 of the smaller oval or rectabgular lights up there. Anyone have any specific lights that they actually have/use?
This set up should cover everything, including where to put the CB Attena and/or satellite dish!

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Old Navy said:
mcampana said:
Im going to be fabbing up a light bar for my roof and plan on putting 4 to 6 of the smaller oval or rectabgular lights up there. Anyone have any specific lights that they actually have/use?
This set up should cover everything, including where to put the CB Attena and/or satellite dish!

WTF is that. Wow is all I can think of.

·
on line
1,045 Posts
lostboy said:
Old Navy said:
mcampana said:

WTF is that. Wow is all I can think of.
I think it's a microscopic photo of an STD...

·
on line
641 Posts
Old Navy said:
mcampana said:

I'd love to see a night-time picture with all the lights turned on. :D

·
on line
3,262 Posts
mcampana said:
What are rectabgular lights??? LOL

anyway, I just put a new set of rectangular lights as my reverse lights (changed out the crappy ones I installed a couple of weeks ago) with some piaa 2100 something or other type. they are not exactly rectangular, more like ovalish... and they were pricy, but man are they bright! I think I might use the same ones for the top when I decide to do it!

I do like the round lights if they are mounted a little lower than you normally see on this site.... willgr1 has just about the perfect spot for the round ones.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
First off do you care more about looks (which is personal) or performance (which is science)?

Watts is watts so a 55 watt light bulb is going to be less bright than a 100 watt one with a similar design. HID lights are much more efficient and a 35 watt HID is going to be much brighter than a 35 watt halogen light.

I've got four KC HiLiTES up on my roof bar. A pair of 150 watt pencil beams and a pair of 130 watt driving lights. The pencil beams are a bit much and I likely would have gone with four sets of driving lights. The pencils illuminate the center of the high-beam area and the driving lights are canted a bit to the side of that (very) hot spot lighting up the shoulders of the road.

When all four lights are on it's like day light out there. They're set back just a bit from the roof air dam but still spill just a bit of light onto the hood but not enough to be of a concern.

I've added a pair of PIAA fog lights on the bumper. Sure used them this morning on the way to work as the fog was thick as pea soup. I went back and forth between my low beams and the fog lights and the yellow beams did a bit better job cutting the fog.

·
on line
623 Posts
i'm using 4 rectangular lights, 55w each. i wish i had gone with the higher end 110s instead, but then again .... i hardly use them and it's all for looks at the moment. i'm running some cheap Pilot Navigators (NV-120). I saw them at Meijer for $24.99/pair. For the price, these things are pretty good.
________
VAPORGENIE LOWEST PRICE

·
on line
1,231 Posts
sherpa said:
Old Navy said:
mcampana said:

I'd love to see a night-time picture with all the lights turned on. :D
LOL...I can just picture it....turn all the lights on.....a few flicker off.....then the whole lot of them die from a blown alternator. :D

·
Read Only
656 Posts
I put Hella FF 75's on my rack for rear lights (following OregonX's write up: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1449&highlight=relay+lights) and I really like the way they look. I am now thinking about getting a set to mount on the front cross bar. I figure that by flipping the Mighty Mounts over and attaching the lights the same way as on the rear, they would probably be up high enough to clear the storage bin. Should have tried it before I tightened everything down. Got the Hellas at AutoAnything: http://www.autoanything.com/lights/69A1330A0A0.aspx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts