Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, finally got these lights up on the top. used 28H mighty mounts to the standard crossbar. drilled a small hole under the cargo box for wiring. two switches....one controls the outer two lights, the other the inner two.

Lights are bright as hell for 55W, got the entire set for $69.99....pilot navigators.

these are crappy pix, but i'll post some cleaner ones sometime later.

________
Park Royal 2 Condos Prathumnak

·
on line
12 Posts
well played sir

nice job, done very tastefully. i liked the two switches i'm assuming 1 switch for the driving pair and 1 switch for the fog pair, nice

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Re: well played sir

weekend warrior said:
nice job, done very tastefully. i liked the two switches i'm assuming 1 switch for the driving pair and 1 switch for the fog pair, nice
thanks for the comments. the crossbar was moved up enough to still allow the latch to open on the cargo box. it's about an inch away from that.

actually i have 3 switches. one that controls the piaas on the brush guard. and 2 switches for the roof lights . the switches are mounted on that rubber piece right under the key ignition

________
SEXY_MATURE1 CAM

·
Read Only
656 Posts
juntao said:
drilled a small hole under the cargo box for wiring.
Did you drill through the roof (ala MC) and fish the wires across the headliner and down the A-Pillar, or some other way to get power up to the roof?

·
on line
975 Posts
I got a set of four, never used. Bought them for the coleman rack, but didn't need them. Your in LA I'm in Redondo, I think we could work something out.
pm me

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
juntao said:
used 28H mighty mounts to the standard crossbar.
Where can I get my hands on these?

got em from www.backcountry.com $40....for four with express 2 day shipping

buxwheat....i had a shop do it for me....extremely clean install.....have no idea what they did but i'm happy with it :geek: :geek: :geek:
________
bondage girl Webcam

·
on line
3,272 Posts
X_Trippin said:
I got a set of four, never used. Bought them for the coleman rack, but didn't need them. Your in LA I'm in Redondo, I think we could work something out.
pm me
PM'ed Ya.

·
on line
92 Posts
got em from www.backcountry.com $40....for four with express 2 day shipping

buxwheat....i had a shop do it for me....extremely clean install.....have no idea what they did but i'm happy with it :geek: :geek: :geek:

Where on the website are they? They hook on to the crossbars with a tube clamp right?

·
on line
3,285 Posts
Very clean install!!! I like how these were mounted, and how/where the switches were mounted.

These lightes are the same ones that I have on my front bumper. I got them at Pep Boys for $30 a pair. IMHO, they aren't that bright - maybe I got a crappy pair of lights? They just seem dim.

·
on line
552 Posts
Great looking setup!

·
on line
1,732 Posts
Ive got the same lights also ...xcept mine have been sitting in the back seat ..My lazy un-electrical @ss did this once in an old truck of mine ...Everytime i turned them on they'd blow a fuse !!! SO if anyone in San Diego wants to earn a Case of beer PAHLEEEEEZ hook up my lights !!!:)

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Where on the website are they? They hook on to the crossbars with a tube clamp right?
Search for mighty mounts on their site. I think they were the horizontal 28H mounts. If they don't have em, you can call em and ask if they still stock Item # YAK0078-YAKHM3528

AZ-Ted, these were extremely bright when I got them; they're still looking pretty good even today. I may get rid of them soon though and replace em with 4 110w PIAAs. (2 pencil, 2 wide).
________
Park Royal 1 Pattaya

·
on line
174 Posts
nice, i might just try to find an extra crossbar and try this

·
on line
91 Posts
I just got a set on ebay for 21$ shipped. Look under yakima horizontal mighty mounts 28H. They come 4 in a box.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts