Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all who removed the roof rack, go did you plug the holes?? I'm forced to cause 4 of my rivnuts popped out.. Don't use the rack anyway

·
Registered
20 Posts
From what I'm reading people seem to use silicone as the sealant. I don't know if a neoprene gasket would help on top of the goop, but building roofs use that.

Again, I'm a noob on all of this but everyone seems to use silicone there. I would also add don't use something like butyl or anything that's sensitive to sunlight degradation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
also - don't let your silicone drip down into your interior either... Unless you're filling your X with water for that "Fishtank" effect that's become popular.

I myself am hoping to reproduce the Aquarium/Restaurant escape scene starring Tom Cruise in the original Mission Impossible. Only replace Tom with my X.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
also - don't let your silicone drip down into your interior either... Unless you're filling your X with water for that "Fishtank" effect that's become popular.

I myself am hoping to reproduce the Aquarium/Restaurant escape scene starring Tom Cruise in the original Mission Impossible. Only replace Tom with my X.
WTF are you talking about? Are you drunk?

·
Same Country as Bucksnort
14,613 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I covered the holes with duck tape for a couple weeks until the parts came in to fix the rivnuts. I ended up having to go a size larger since the steel stretched when the originals pulled out. Worked out since the slots in the IF light bar mount are actually 8mm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts