Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So let's see what you've got for side lighting that it mounted in that side space of the roof cargo bin/wetbox. I searched here and using Google and read the Off-Road lights sticky but only saw one other example but no details of it. So if you got 'em, let's see 'em. Mounting details would be nice too.

(moved from another thread so as not to threadjack):

Like this?
Yep, something like that with LED and facing forward about 45 degrees. Or adjustable on the fly to 45 degrees would be even better. Mounting details for yours?

Was thinking about these 18w floods from Amazon or the Rigid SR-Q.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those look to be about the same as the Rupse one from Amazon. I ended up ordering that Rupse one which looks like it's a flood and this other similar one that looks like a spot. But I also got an e-mail coupon from 4 Wheel Parts today for 20% off one item so I'm now thinking about just getting the Rigid Duallys even if it doesn't really fit into that side space.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I went big with the lights and mounted thick aluminum bars that stick out far enough so that the light can cast light downwards towards the wheels and trail. The bars form the base of my unistrut basket.

Aft

Forward

Top view

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Light panel.

Side lights in use.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Those look to be about the same as the Rupse one from Amazon. I ended up ordering that Rupse one which looks like it's a flood and this other similar one that looks like a spot. But I also got an e-mail coupon from 4 Wheel Parts today for 20% off one item so I'm now thinking about just getting the Rigid Duallys even if it doesn't really fit into that side space.
I earmarked that light in my wish list, Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the lights in from Amazon and they look identical to each other even though one says spot and the other says flood. Waiting until dark to see how much they light up.

@PaulXyZ - Didn't you have the rear lights mounted to swivel before? I was thinking of using the swivel idea for the lights in the cargo bin sides. And that's quite the switch layout you've got there. By the way, your Subtle LED "trunk" Lighting thread just made me buy some of those 2W eagle eye LEDs. I got some of the 4W ones to mount underneath the bumper corners for additional rock lights. Thanks for finding and posting those!

Here's my current setup for side and rear lighting:

2 rear facing Rigid Duallys
3' 5050 SMD LED strips on each rail

The LED strips are great for ambient/camp setup lights.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Got around to doing this and here are the results

These are the lights I got from Amazon and they're plenty bright for what I want. I also attached them so they angle out to 45 degrees forward. I'd like for the lights to be smaller but I'm happy with the setup for now.

By the way, if you plan on taking the cargo bin or the air dam off, I'd suggest that you squirt some lubricant on the mounting screws first. Two came off OK. The third took a frustrating hour and the fourth was drilled out after another hour of trying.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts