Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
This is sweet! I found you on Instagram a while back after one of your pics caught my eye. And just to clarify, this is the 6” Frontier lift right? Make sure to post up a review on here after a while. I’ve never been a fan of RC particularly but it’s much cheaper than fabtech or calmini.

Yes it’s a 6 inch frontier drop bracket, I’m not a fan of their quality either though when I was at a local shop with a friend getting his alignment done there was a frontier in their shop getting one installed and the crossmembers have been re-worked and are quite a bit stronger. I’ll be making my own skid for them but would still be confident dropping on them. As for fabtech I didn’t care much for their design on their crossmembers and calmini is as good as dead.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Small update and a sneak preview as I’ve been fairly quiet on here or social media. Currently working out the front end and possibly mounting up CJD’s LT setup if not then PRG’s Titan mid travel would suffice as my intentions work either way.
Here’s the preview of the new front setup, keep in mind this is still a long ways out or may not happen at all. I tend to change my ideas about what I’ll do with my rig fairly frequently.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey @RockyMountainGoon how do you like your P&P Light Cage? Fitment/Install was OK? I have a PRO-4x but the OEM lights are a pain and I really like the look of the 4 lights up top.

Love it! Fitment was great no issues with the install. As far as lighting goes run the KC HIDs. The change over the halogen is insane.

·
TNX Veteran
3,616 Posts
Love it! Fitment was great no issues with the install. As far as lighting goes run the KC HIDs. The change over the halogen is insane.

I have used my boob lights like 5 times total in my ownership of the X (that is about 1.5 times per year). They barely output over hi-beams so it doesn't seem worth it. How much $$ did the KC setup run you in the end?

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Been a minute since I’ve updated this, a lot will be happening soon. It’s a matter of getting all the pieces of the puzzle together, the picture is of another xterra, but I’ll be running them and a much wider rear axle.

·
TNX Veteran
3,616 Posts
I would be so worried about running wide fenders like that up here in WA haha. They look sweet but I feel like they would get crunched on a tree my first day out. Can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Another small update, finally got my drop bracket spindles in from CJD. As is my issue though they’ll only be in the X for a short time as I’ll be switching my suspension up again. It’s definitely going to tighten my steering up and eliminate the small bump steer I’ve been experiencing.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well things have not been going as planned, I was hoping to add the boxed spindles to the drop bracket setup before I sold the full suspension setup off my rig. Though I’ve come to find out that CJD’s uniball lowers are most likely required as the ball joint stands no chance of making it through the opening in the spindle. Going to contact Michael and see if that’s the case, anyone in need of an almost complete drop bracket setup? Though without the spindles it did great my last wheeling trip until I blew a seal of the front diff.

·
TNX Veteran
3,616 Posts
^^ the drop bracket is pretty sweet. It's a good height. Any chance you could take a pic of the drop bracket from underneath the middle of the truck? I wanna see how it looks on the underside from the back.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Done a few things to the X since I was last on here. Have a lot of parts waiting to go on as well. First thing was a rear bumper from coastal offroad.
Next I’m waiting to install yet another iteration of my suspension, pardon the picture I pulled it off of my IG.

I think I unfortunately need the stock rims to make the kit work as it currently makes contact with the rim and tire. May have to run a small spacer, not sure yet. Other than that there’s a set of white knuckle sliders currently shelved at my work, my boss figured it would be funny to have them done in Barbie pink... need to redo them. I’ll be sure to come back to this when I get my suspension done.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts