Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
on line
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Another Rock Slider out there. Very good quality, 3/16 inner hitch steel, four 5/16 bolts which are bolted to the frame. Three hangers connect to original step bolts (6) with nuts. Excellent welds, nice powder coat. Site is rocky-road.com

·
on line
2,072 Posts
hall said:
Three hangers connect to original step bolts (6) with nuts.
Are you saying these sliders are mounted using the factory bolts that the OEM step rails are mounted to? Your sliders are not bolted to the frame?

·
on line
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, prior to that I put on the post they mounted with four 5/16 bolts into the frame and six using the factory OEM the step rails were mounted to. I'll see how they hold up. You can check them out on RockyRoad.com

·
on line
225 Posts
"The domain www.rockyroad.com which you are trying to access is currently unavailable. This may occur for several reasons -- the name may have changed, or it may have moved to a new location. Please try to access the site later, or contact the site's administrator.
"

I made the same mistake in reading it also. I thought you were saying that the bolt to the factory step rail bolts which would NOT be good. I'd be interested in them depending on cost. They look pretty good in the picture.

·
on line
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sight is rocky-road.com not rockyroad.com

No it's xtra support. You can see in the pic they are bolted to the frame.

the site is rocky-road.com forgot the - oh and show me some mercy here guys haha just thought I would share a newer product. late

·
TNX Administrator
20,232 Posts
Ricky said:
"The domain www.rockyroad.com which you are trying to access is currently unavailable. This may occur for several reasons -- the name may have changed, or it may have moved to a new location. Please try to access the site later, or contact the site's administrator."
Try this site; http://www.rocky-road.com/

·
on line
807 Posts
Wait... this isn't clear to me yet. Are they bolted to both the frame AND the body? I can clearly see them bolted to the frame, but they you said they use the 6 stock step studs. I know on frontiers the steps bolt to the body, so I am just checking.
Also, the rocky road Frontier sliders only bolt the the body, not the frame at all EEK!
If they bolt the both the frame and the body, you will be riping you body apart in no time at all!

·
on line
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
?

If the body rips apart I'll post a pic. They are $299 and $389. Check out the site rocky-road.com.

·
on line
612 Posts
That'd be a pretty sweet pic. Something like the Incredible Hulk ripping out of his normal clothes only to reveal a vehicle interior.

·
on line
807 Posts
I just checked their website, and as far as I can tell, they no longer sell 05+ Frontier sliders.... I know they used to because anytime someone linked to them on clubfrontier everyone bashed the hell out of the design because they mounted to the body. Maybe they stopped making them because of the design flaw?

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Yea MC, they are bolted (STRAIGHT/LEVEL) into the frame with no vertical supports, adios body panels--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
807 Posts
AHHHHH!!!!
SEE they DO bolt to both the body and the frame!

You couldn't pay be to put those on my truck.

Bodymounts are rubber for a reason, the frame and body flex differently! If you tie them together, the truck may seem more "tight" in MILD stress situations, but when you have 3 wheels on the ground, or have the truck twisted up off camber or something those sliders are going to rip the bolts right out of the body.

And besides that, those frame mount plates are Tiny! How is that supposed to distribute a load over a broad area? All that force is concentrated. Also, their are no gussets on those frame mounts.

Yikes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts