Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, in my never ending search for new and different parts i stumbled across Rocky Road Outfitters and their super-slider rock sliders

here's a pic of some for an H3

well, i contacted them to see if they had plans for an X model of the super-sliders and lo and behold they are need a prototype vehicle!!

i personally like to look of these sliders, they appear to be very good quality with a lifetime warrenty against bends and dents!.....

well, it seems they are somewhere in the midwest (mountain time zone), so i''m not going to send my vehicle out for the prototype, so....

who wants to be the prototype for this company???? shoot them an email, it seems they are interested in getting some sliders made for us second gens!!!!

www.rocky-road.com

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I think they might be in Utah. I searched Wasatch county since they have the Wasatch County Coaters on their site.

·
on line
332 Posts
i sent them an email, i think all of us colorado losers are the closest.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Well I would move to that part of Utah in a heartbeat! But I am stuck in the arm pit of america!

·
on line
57 Posts
I'd be very wary of Rocky Road Outfitters. They are known throughout the Jeep community as having sub par customer service. Decent products but they have problems with order fulfillment. Caveat emptor.

·
on line
631 Posts
well, looks like i am the closest as of now. i live in ogden, ut about 1 hour from heber. problem is, i move in 3 weeks..... so my truck is useless.

·
on line
332 Posts
I have been emailing them all day about when they want to start fabbing, ill post when i here something. I dont think the are in any rush.

so i guess i have dibs

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Ask them to beef up the support legs on the sliders. The legs in the picture are way too thin. That thing would bend up and into your rocker with one good hit.

·
on line
23 Posts
I live in Springville, UT which is about 35 minutes from them. I will see if I can contact them and work out a schedule. It's my wife's daily driver, so I don't know if I can help much.

Kevin

·
on line
3,218 Posts
legs are 3/16" thick, from the data i found this is the same as the shrock sliders.
I'm sure he meant the leg diameter itself. The ones pictured can't be anymore than 1" sq pipe..

·
on line
1,831 Posts
DBAX said:
legs are 3/16" thick, from the data i found this is the same as the shrock sliders.
I'm sure he meant the leg diameter itself. The ones pictured can't be anymore than 1" sq pipe..
Correct.
I was just saying, see if your can get the leg supports widened/heightened, same thickness though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts