Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am going to bedline my rocker panels, similar to what deltaphi did prior to putting on my rocksliders,
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28901. :iconbiggrin:

I think it looks great and it sure beats paying $500 to LineX it. My question is, is there a difference between bedliners? I have gone to autozone/lowes and saw the following options:
Dupilcolor auto armor
Herculiner (deltaphi used this)
Rhino Liner
rust-oleum bedliner

These are the options I have seen out there and am trying to figure out which is the best. I am looking for the best protection that will seal and not fade with the sun or rub off. I have seen UV additives that I will use regardless of which one I choose.

Feedback is appreciated, are they all the same or is one better than the other :dontknow:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I used herculiner on the Sammy for some stuff. only problem is it doesn't have a uv additive so anything you do that's gonna sit in the sun gets chalky looking unless you add uv additive to it

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Hey Sham - you saw the MX, that is all the rust-o-leum stuff. I used the self-etching primer (thank you skyfaller for that) and then did 2 coats of bedliner. My rocker panels came out nice, actually dinged them up at Big Dogs pretty bad. The bedliner didn't chip at all.

Totally use that self etching primer first though. It should be near the bedliner. Everything I used the primer on first has not needed to be touched up. I have to go and redo my front bumper and all the little plastics soon.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I used duplicolor bed armour on my rocker panels and they have held up great. I just scuffed it up with some sand paper and sprayed on a few coats.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Did this also to mine with the same stuff. Been through a handful off offroad trips and no scratches or scuffs. Pretty strong stuff for cheap spray can liner. Its all about the prep!

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
i have heard nothing but bad reviews of the duplicolor BED ARMOR. lots of people not very happy with it. now the duplicolor bedliner spray is great.

i love my herculiner. just don't get it on your hootus.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts