Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After riding some gravel roads I have noticed multiple chips on my rocker panels. The area next to rear wheels above the rocker panel seems to have some sort of a clear bra / protection installed. I am wondering if is suitable for the rocker panels. If not, what are the other options. I know that mud covers scratches and paint chips, but I'd like to do something to protect the metal. Has anybody tried putting line-X on rocker panels yet?

Cheers!

Reactions: MJP

·
on line
137 Posts
vman said:
Hi,

After riding some gravel roads I have noticed multiple chips on my rocker panels. The area next to rear wheels above the rocker panel seems to have some sort of a clear bra / protection installed. I am wondering if is suitable for the rocker panels. If not, what are the other options. I know that mud covers scratches and paint chips, but I'd like to do something to protect the metal. Has anybody tried putting line-X on rocker panels yet?

Cheers!
Just FYI, I still have the mud flaps on and still have chips in the same area- do a lot of gravel roads getting to where I need to be.

·
on line
631 Posts
any type of spray on/roll on liner seems to be the best protection.
i noticed a new silver frontier on the west side of vegas, with rhino lining from the front all the way to the back. covers the fender well (the part that sticks out) down to the rocker and to the back of the bed. it looked nice and matched the silver.
im doing mine within a few weeks, if it doesnt get any hotter!

·
on line
612 Posts
Do you have to scuff the paint surface prior to using the herculiner? Primer or anything else for better adhesion?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Yes, you want to scuff and clean the surface well before you use any spray/roll liner. I used 80 grit paper and Xylene to clean it.

Once you realize that once the stuff is on there it's not coming off makes it easier to destroy the paint. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts