187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got my rock sliders done, too. Here's the build:

and Finally:

Reactions: Nomad

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Very nice, I am also liking the square tube look, more than I really thought I would, as I thought about it a while back and sort of dismissed the idea.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think someone should try a square tube front bumper....hint hint....Davis

Sent from my HTC EVO with AutoCrash mobile app.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the great feedback, guys!

To be honest I used square because it's easier to work with and we don't have any pipe benders. But I'll take credit for it looking good all day ;)

The steps are level with the large tube and they stick out 1/2" past the door, allowing plenty of room for stepping-on and potentially some side protection (at least it'll make the person who parks too close think twice about swinging their door wide open too fast). I didn't put them on a scale but I'd say each side weighed about 40-45 pounds. I've noticed about a .8 MPG drop which I sort of expected.

The shop is my dads, he's getting closer to retirement and we've been blessed enough that he's finally getting all his childhood/mid-life crisis wishes to come true. So a big shop is a part of that. I'm just happy I have this last summer home with him before the Air Force sends me somewhere far far away.

I'd LOVE to work on a front bumper but the whole time and money thing...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The main parts are 2" at 1/8" thickness, the steps are 1.25" at 11 gauge thickness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts