Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
That was painful to watch. I'll take my Xterra's "anemic performance" (cough, cough) on camera any day, and no damage - over what that guy was doing... The difference, I take pride in my rig and I want it to last so I don't give it hell out on the trails, or on the road. That guy, that was 0 effs given and a great example of what NOT to do if you want your rig to last. That passenger side rocker was destroyed, and I'd bet you some resets and different lines could have avoided that. Even the passenger side frame rail had damage. Somebody should go rescue that poor Xterra from that guy!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
The video started with the Xterra's body looking rather straight.
By the end of the video, I probably wouldn't buy it as a parts truck.
One walk around this Xterra and my thoughts would be " If the outside looks this bad, the mechanicals couldn't be much better."

A good example of the old saying " Just because you can , doesn't mean you should ."

·
Registered
Canadian 05 Xterra base with small upgrades.
24 Posts
After nearly breaking my rad in half I know these trucks are not capable of "crawling" without significant armour and upgrades.

They do good on light and moderate trails for sure though.

I may remove my hitch and spare tire if I go anything over a 5/10 trail again. This idiot was just damaging his truck for no reason.

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very entertaining. It shows the Xterra can crawl. I'm putting lower gears, small lift, skid plates, and 33's on the one I bought recently. I wonder how it will do
Don't forget sliders.

·
TNX Senior Member
543 Posts
Its been a long time since I've posted on here, but that video is worth me crawling out of the dungeon. I've run China gulch several times, but my x is pretty well built. Too many people try to prove their rig is capable of this trail or that trail, but they take no consideration for others. He had no reason to run that without sliders and skids. There are plenty of moderate trails in colorado that a stock x can handle no problem, China gulch is not one of them. Too bad that x looked pretty clean at the beginning.

·
Registered
6 inch suspension lift with 33" tires and ShockWorks front bumper, sliders, and skid plates.s.
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The video started with the Xterra's body looking rather straight.
By the end of the video, I probably wouldn't buy it as a parts truck.
One walk around this Xterra and my thoughts would be " If the outside looks this bad, the mechanicals couldn't be much better."

A good example of the old saying " Just because you can , doesn't mean you should ."
Agreed. Don't know why he did this to such a clean ride.

·
Registered
2005 Xterra 4wd 6MT 1.5" lift Heftyfab skids,Shrockworks diff guard,Hardcoreoffroad sliders
481 Posts
I know these are capable of crawling but that was brutal for a stock rig of any kind so far I have not done anything rated over a 5 in my rig. I mean I have done Last chance canyon several times and have dented my heftyfab steel engine skid every time even with 1.5" of lift

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's gotta be one of the most reckless genuine offroad ventures I've seen in a while. I wouldn't attempt that trail without maxing out the capability on a regular Xterra setup or a titan swap on at least 33s. It's also a shame that in every shot you see people waiting behind him, probably for quite some time.

It's a shame because it looked like a nice X in good condition at the beginning of the video.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
@XterraTom where are photos and details of your 6” suspension lift?
Click on his name and you'll see his posts/threads.
He's got a thread about "My Diff Drop Lift" or something like that.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
In the grand scheme... Xterras can be had pretty cheap compared to some other vehicles... and compared to the money some invest in theirs. So, its almost 'disposable' to someone that's gonna run a 8k lift on their real wheeler. People tear up all sorts of vehicles for fun, and as Xterras get cheaper...you'll just see it more. Think of the 90s Cherokees that you see turned in can opener modified beaters.

Then again, some people are just idiots that like to tear stuff up.

Reactions: mtnbound

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I mean hey man its his truck, ( im assuming lol) seems kinda dumb but wouldnt be the first time i've seen someone do something dumb on the ubes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts