Username: Robb_D
Year: 2006
Make: Nissan
Model: Xterra
Trim: Off Road
Color: Silver Lightning

Mods:
Exterior:
(Yokahama Geolandar AT/S 265/75/16 LR D Now retired after 60,000mi)
Goodyear Durakrac 265/75/16 LC C
Sliders by RockyMtnX - Painted with Duplicolor Semi Gloss Black
Painted brake calipers - Black
OME Ultimate Med/Light Duty Kit Installed 06/11/2011

Electrical:
Replaced stock battery with a Interstate Mega Tron Plus group 24 battery

Sound:
JVC KW-XR810 Head Unit with HD Radio add on
Focal Solid 4 Four Channel Amp
Focal Access 165 A1 Components (front)
Focal Access 165 CA1 Coaxial (rear)

Photos:
Trips:
First Trip Wheeling still with new X smell and temp tags (Middle St. Vrain/Coney Flats)

Taylor Park:

San Juans:

Mods:
OME Lift:

Goodyear Durakrac:

Sliders:

Sound:
Head Unit:

As she sits today:

Eagle Rock Scar... Only lasted a bit, insurance made her like new again.

·
on line
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Presently budget is the ending... Not for long, hopefully in May she will start to look much better.

·
on line
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have any donations (parts that is) laying around they can give to a broke student?

·
on line
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dig 'em!
My biggest adjustment after install was getting used to how to get out of the X. I put a pretty decent non-skid on top of the outter tube and the first couple times I got out, I removed skin from my calf.
I'm glad Steve made these!

·
on line
1,685 Posts
Rig is looking good. I like the color too.

·
on line
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Updated for new sound system pictures.

Purchased a JVC KW-XR810 headunit because the CD player was going out in the factory head unit and I wanted to integrate my Ipod.

Sad to see a local business go under, but nice that we got a chance to get some deals.
Got a Focal Solid 4 amp, Focal Access Components and Focal Access Coaxials for a little under $400 total. Install was handled by me, with a little assistance from the older wiser version of me.

Looking for a semi cheap 2 channel amp to power an old sub I have until I can afford to do the Sub and Sub Amp properly. Any advice?

The JVC with the stock speakers was a great match as the JVC unit puts around 20w per channel and the stock speakers are 20w. Sound was good but I wanted more clarity.

The Focal amp and speakers can get well beyond my threashold of comfort without a hint of distortion. The clarity and dynamic range are pretty spectacular. The hit of a kick drum, or the knock of a knuckle on an acusitic guitar are solid and sound like they are physically present in the X. As it is set up it is lacking a real bottom presence. They attack hits nicely, but don't have the ability to extend into a real low range. Hence I need to add a nice musical sub to complete the presence.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
^^^ nice little audio setup. You got a killer deal, pretty much the full price of the amp, you got the speakers. I got the same fronts and i love them. I do agree about the low's they produce, but i cut mine out about 120hz (personal prefrence) and I got 2 jbl 10's on a small amp bumping in the back. lol.

-sass

·
on line
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally after 5 years, 90,000 miles and loads of fun I have finally given a little love to my suspension. OME light/medium duty lift installed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice X! I've got the same headunit-- did you use the factory brackets or a kit? I used the factory brackets and have a gap at the bottom.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts