Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I havne't seen them at wally world around me but that might just mean I didn't look in the right place.

I never thought about pep boys. I'll check them out this week.

Thanks!

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Flares are lifesavers. Some of the worst accidents happen in the aftermath of a minor wreck. Those reflective triangles are an OK alternative, too.

·
on line
631 Posts
checker/shucks/kragen auto have em for $1.59
got the whole box for like $20 good investment, especially here in vegas where drivers cant see even during the day haha

wally world had em for the same price i think. they were in the discounted auto parts aisle, the ones with the red tags.

·
on line
255 Posts
Flares are important. We also have the reflective triangles.
The flares can be seen for a long distance and don't require headlights to be seen, they aren't put out by a little rain and I have used them several times to good effect.
Be aware that they are really HOT and will burn you, clothing, etc. Keep them away from flammable stuff.
After you have moved your vehicle safely to the side of the road: Use a minimum of three. Place one a hundred or so feet behind you down the road, another near your vehicle at the edge of the road and finally another several feet in front of your vehicle so you have all directions alerted.
We carry six.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts