Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

321 - 340 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Apologies to the mods and everyone else for the quick off topic? But - anyone take their stockers to the scrap yard, and about what did you get for em? Aluminum is fetching an average of 50 cents a lb right now. I have zero interest in dealing with Craigslist creepers or turning my property into more of a junk yard than it already is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
1. Brand: American Outlaw
2. Model: Buckshot
3. Size: 16x8 -6 offset
4. Backspacing:
5. Did you need a spacer? No spacer. If so, what model? Where did you buy it?
6. Where did you purchase the wheels? Discount Tire
7. Price per wheel? $120

I knew that I was not going to like the center caps when I ordered them so I had a replacement ready...

I did need to do the melt mod due to some very minor rubbing but with the help from this great forum it was quick, easy and done right the first time.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
1. Brand: American Outlaw
2. Model: Buckshot
3. Size: 16x8 -6 offset
4. Backspacing:
5. Did you need a spacer? No spacer. If so, what model? Where did you buy it?
6. Where did you purchase the wheels? Discount Tire
7. Price per wheel? $120

I knew that I was not going to like the center caps when I ordered them so I had a replacement ready...

I did need to do the melt mod due to some very minor rubbing but with the help from this great forum it was quick, easy and done right the first time.
What exactly does this "melt mod" entail? if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wanted to change it up a bit without going crazy; modest upgrade but I am happy with the results. It never goes off road; strictly for looks. Probably would go with KMC Turbines if i were to do it again, little nicer looking wheel that is easier to clean.

1. Brand: Ultra
2. Model: Bolt
3. Size: 17x8
4. Backspacing: 20mm Offset
5. Did you need a spacer? No
6. Where did you purchase the wheels? Tire Rack
7. Price per wheel? $134
8. Photo:

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looking into Fuel Vector rims 16x8 +15 offset with 265/75R16 tires. would I be able to fit this by just using the melt mod. My X is bone stock just looking for a new look

·
TNX Veteran
3,601 Posts
Looking into Fuel Vector rims 16x8 +15 offset with 265/75R16 tires. would I be able to fit this by just using the melt mod. My X is bone stock just looking for a new look
Yes. Stock offset is +30mm, so that means this wheel will only stick out 15mm (about 0.6 inches). You can run a 1.5" spacer with that size tire and fit with just melt mod, so your combo should fit fine.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Couldn't find this info on this thread. So, I thought I would add it to help a few folks out there concerned about the limited options.

Bolt patterns on some wheels can be changed. Wheel repair shops (like Jason's Wheel Shop (JWS) in Chino CA) have the equipment to plug the existing lug holes and redrill to the lug pattern you need. Cost varies depending on the shop. I think it is about $30-35 a wheel but my old ass brain is having a memory lapse.

Sorry I don't have pix, but, any decent sized city should have a wheel shop close by, you can google to get info. We were able to get Jeep bolt pattern 5x5.5 re-drilled to a 6x4.5 to fit an Xterra. Since we were able to order the offset and backspace we wanted to. The wheels fit great with no spacers or adapters. The wheel will not lose any integrity so long as it's a quality wheel. The wheel shop will let you know what to look for. The wheels we modded were XD's.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Yes. Stock offset is +30mm, so that means this wheel will only stick out 15mm (about 0.6 inches). You can run a 1.5" spacer with that size tire and fit with just melt mod, so your combo should fit fine.
This is partially right, since the width of both wheels is different the new wheel will stick out more than just the difference in offset. A 16x8 15mm offset wheel will stick out 28mm more than a 16x7 30mm offset wheel.

·
Registered
267 Posts
1. Brand: Pro Comp
2. Model: 89
3. Size: 17x8 -12 offset
4. Backspacing: N/A
5. Did you need a spacer? If so, what model? Where did you buy it? Nope. You need the melt mod and some minor trimming
6. Where did you purchase the wheels? Custom Wheel Offset
7. Price per wheel? $141
8. Photo:

·
Registered
198 Posts
1. Brand: Mayhem
2. Model: Warrior
3. Size: 17x9 18mm offset
4. Backspacing: N/A
5. Did you need a spacer? No. You need to do the melt mod with a heat gun. Push the liner back a bit.
6. Where did you purchase the wheels? At a shop.
7. Price per wheel: Too much :p Especially in Canada.
8- Tires: Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75/17
9: 2" lift overall. Rear- new 500lb springs Front- Bilstein 5100 strut kit.

Attachments

321 - 340 of 350 Posts