Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
Super Moderator / (NEXTerra) Club Moderator
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I'm busy (and lazy :iconbiggrin:) to search around and put together a thread, I figured I'd copy KillJoy's idea of having next gen owners share their experiences with any aftermarket wheel they have purchased and installed on their X. This way we can have a very informal thread.

So, having said that, if you have purchased aftermarket wheels and have them installed, or even had them installed in the past, but decided to get rid of them, please share your experience here. I have set up a similar template as KillJoy's Tire template/questionnaire.

1. Brand:
2. Model:
3. Size:
4. Backspacing:
5. Did you need a spacer? If so, what model? Where did you buy it?
6. Where did you purchase the wheels?
7. Price per wheel?
8. Photo:

Please try to keep this thread on track as much as possible. I realize there will be some questions from others, myself included, about various wheels. However, please try not to go off topic. Thank you in advance for your help and cooperation!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Pro Comp
Cast Blast 7089
16x8
Backspacing unknown, however, I will haul my lazy a$$ out there and measure on request.
No spacer
4 Wheel Parts
$112

here are the specs pff the procomp site
part #7089-6868

size :16x8
Bolt Circle: 6x5.5
offset :-12mm
Backspacing: 4"
load lbs 2200lbs
weight lbs 26lbs

EDIT: Info added to one post and conversation broken off into another thread.
See this thread for further information.
~ cornick

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hey guys, dont forget the MB 72's. Here are the specs that i remember. They are for the 16" wheel that i have. I believe they also come in a 17" size and i know someone else on this board is running them.

1. Brand: MB MOTORING
2. Model: SERIES 72
3. Size: 16 X 8.5
4. Backspacing: 4.5 (I think)
5. Did you need a spacer? If so, what model? Where did you buy it? NO
6. Where did you purchase the wheels? AMERICAS TIRE COMPANY
7. Price per wheel? $90.00 (Manager Hookup)
8. Photo: SEE BELOW

Keep in mind that these wheels ONLY come in polished silver (not chrome) and shiny black with a polished lip. I hand painted mine flat black and will get them powdercoated in the future for less hassles. Hope you all enjoy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
1. Brand: Pro Comp
2. Model: 8089
3. Size: 16x8
4. Backspacing: 4.5"
5. Did you need a spacer? If so, what model? Where did you buy it? Nope
6. Where did you purchase the wheels? Outback Off-road(Source 4wheelparts)
7. Price per wheel? $125 after tax and everything
8. Photo:

·
Registered
90 Posts
These are my new wheels - American Racing Fuel 8

1. Brand: American Racing
2. Model: Fuel 8 (321)
3. Size: 17x9
4. Backspacing: 4.5
5. Did you need a spacer? If so, what model? Where did you buy it? No Spacer
6. Where did you purchase the wheels? eBay, but they can be found on 4wheelparts
7. Price per wheel? $189.00
8. Photo:

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
shinallb, I found those a couple of places (online) when I was browsing; did you see the all matte black ones that AR shows on their website (link)? It's listed as series 3919 and comes up under their Application Guide for all years back to '05. I think they call it 'teflon coated'.

I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger on new wheels/tires yet, so I didn't do quite as much digging as might be warranted; but it seems like the 3919s could be a good option as well - assuming they're hub centric or have spacers available to make them so.

·
Registered
552 Posts
1. Brand: MB
2. Model: Predator-Chrome
3. Size 16x8
4. Backspacing: Unknown
5. Spacer needed: None
6. America's tire Co.
7: Price per wheel: 146.25 paid, Normally 195
8. Photos:

So you can see how it sits:

Closeup of wheel:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Ultimate said:
1. Brand: MB
2. Model: Predator-Chrome
3. Size 16x8
6. America's tire Co.
7: Price per wheel: 146.25 paid, Normally 195
8. Photos:

So you can see how it sits:

Closeup of wheel:

Here they are in non-chrome on Avalance white.

-j

·
Registered
1,732 Posts

1. Brand:American Racing
2. Model: eagle
3. Size 17x8
6. Discount tire
7: Price per wheel: 561 and some change With stems and chrome lugs and locks inc For all 4

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Here is the ProComp 6089-6868, 16x8 chrome rims with 4.5" of back spacing...I had a hard time deciding between black (post #3 above) and chrome. As far as battle scars are concerned, IMO the black looks worse scratched up from the rocks than the chrome, gouges in the chrome are barely noticable unless you right up on them where as the black will look all spotted unless you toch them up with satin black Dupli-Color Wheel Paint.

·
Registered
140 Posts
1. Brand: Centerline
2. Model: Turbine
3. Size: 17.0 x 8.0
4. Backspacing: 4.5
5. Did you need a spacer? If so, what model? Where did you buy it? No.
6. Where did you purchase the wheels? Directly from Centerline.
7. Price per wheel? $159 each + shipping. Awesome price for forged chrome wheels
8. Photo:

1-piece wheel. ROTARY FORGED billet aluminum. Available in chrome or hi-polish mirror finish w/ 3-yr luster warranty. Extremely strong 3200lb load rating per wheel. Up to 44" tire okay! Current style in Wilderness Series. Center Line's forged truck wheels are the strongest wheels in the market. Engineered for tall tires and heavy duty trucks. Wheels proudly manufactured in the USA.

I test fitted on my 06 offroad and they fit. I'm waiting on tires so pictures to follow. I had to do the melt mod and remove the mud guards to fit 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers. They are LUG CENTRIC.

TPMS fits.

·
Registered
462 Posts
16x9 black moto metals 951 in 6x4.5

I was just shopping around and noted that these wheels apparently might fit our X's.

I wanted to hear your thoughts on a 9" wide wheel with brake calipers and all. For me this would be a mail order so no test fitting.

http://customwheel.com/custom_wheels/product_info.php/cPath/222/products_id/1353

Wheels for: 2008 Nissan Xterra XE SE 2WD 4WD

Bolt Pattern: 6x4.5

Thanks in advance,
DaPir8

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i saw these in petersens magazine. the wheel is cast and has a 32 bolt steel lock ring. not sure about price.

1 - 20 of 350 Posts
About this Discussion
349 Replies
187 Participants
ccg1018
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing