Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
301 - 309 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
Took care of some preventative maintenance today.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 · (Edited)
Went back to new versions of the Rugged Ridge seat vests I had on my Frontier and then originally when I first bought my Xterra. I wasn't impressed with the wear resistance of the CoverKings. Yes, they're for a Jeep, but the design of the seat is nearly identical to ours. Yes, they also cover the side seat controls, but I'm the only one who ever drives the X, so no adjustment needed.

·
on line
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
1,096 Posts
The second row of your Xterra looks like mine with the two car seats. Do the kids like the grab handles? I feel like my kids would just yank on them all the time shaking our seats so we would have to remove them!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
The second row of your Xterra looks like mine with the two car seats. Do the kids like the grab handles? I feel like my kids would just yank on them all the time shaking our seats so we would have to remove them!
The kids aren't quite big enough for them to reach when strapped in, but it won't be long, I'm sure. My 4 year old actually uses it to get into the Xterra.

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
1,231 Posts
Can you give some info on the seat covers? Those are the first ones I actually kinda dig the looks of. And a bonus it seems of getting the nifty pass side pocket back…..damn 2010 deletion……

Do they add any butt padding?
Will they work on a fold flat pass seat?
Where to buy?

Yes, I could Google fu, but I want to get right to the same ones you have. Thx!!!!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 · (Edited)
Finally, got these things installed, after them sitting around for way too long, SS3 pods from Diode Dynamics. It was a super simple install, made that way thanks to great engineering of the aftermarket brackets.

·
TNX Veteran
4,548 Posts
dang, I wish I would have done something like this with my b00b lights instead of a complete replacement. That looks super clean. Question is though... do they actually work or are they just a bunch of windshield glare generators?

·
Registered
979 Posts
dang, I wish I would have done something like this with my b00b lights instead of a complete replacement. That looks super clean. Question is though... do they actually work or are they just a bunch of windshield glare generators?
They work any they’re fantastic. There’s a thread over in the projects forum. Highly recommend them anytime the come up.

Diode Dynamics SS3 LED Pods in stock Off Road Light...

The only downside is that you risk spinning those dumb rivnuts to do the mod. It’s either a simple 1 beer job or a weekend of cursing and 2 cases. For me it was the latter…

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
I haven't had it out at night yet, just in the garage, but the cut off goes well past the hood. These are the driving lense and are pretty focused.

They work any they’re fantastic. There’s a thread over in the projects forum. Highly recommend them anytime the come up.

Diode Dynamics SS3 LED Pods in stock Off Road Light...

The only downside is that you risk spinning those dumb rivnuts to do the mod. It’s either a simple 1 beer job or a weekend of cursing and 2 cases. For me it was the latter…
I've had my air dam off numerous times, so I knew my rivnuts would be good. Though, I did throw some anti-seize on the bolts this time, for good measure.

301 - 309 of 309 Posts