aFe intake (removed)
K&N FIPK air intake
UltraGauge
OME MD springs
Nisstec AAL and sway bar relocate
Bilstein 5100 w/front height adjustment
1.25" wheel spacers
Zinc coated slotted rotors f/r
Goodyear wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar 285-75-16 (summer)
Goodyear wrangler Duratrac 285-75-16 (winter)
Nissan ASFM
D-ring receiver

Photos:

Purchased 2/6/14

Lifted 2/15

Cleaned up 3/10

Thanks for looking

·
on line
181 Posts
Awesome color! No time wasted on the modding haha

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! Yeah it needed tires when I bought it, so figured since its tax return time... screw it. Really glad I did to because I'm quite happy with the end result.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick pic I snapped before I sold my Jeep today.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went camping over the weekend and took a few pics.

Some poser shots at a scenic over look...

Then found a fire tower trail.

Last pic is proof that my Xterra gets dirty :D

·
Registered
499 Posts
Love that color!!! Those tires and that lift really sets this one off. Great job!

·
on line
1,113 Posts
Nice build so far, it looks good with the lift and tires and I love that metallic green. Now you just have to bring the X out to Rausch and get it a little dirty.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks fella's! I really want to try and make it to an Xterra meet/event soon. Just hard to do with mine and the ladies work schedule right now.

·
on line
6,064 Posts
Truck is looking good!
That rock looks vaguely familiar. Ohiopyle by chance? The one road up to that overlook is very washed out, or it was last time I was driving up. If so, which trails did ya get a chance to see? I've found 3 trails that are worth driving.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Haha good eye! Yup same rock at Ohiopyle. Yeah it was still pretty rough, but not terrible. Just did the fire tower trail behind the overlook. Didn't find any others. Where abouts are they for next time I go up?

·
on line
6,064 Posts
Haha good eye! Yup same rock at Ohiopyle. Yeah it was still pretty rough, but not terrible. Just did the fire tower trail behind the overlook. Didn't find any others. Where abouts are they for next time I go up?

Nice! Rock Spring Rd. was one trail we found. Some nice views down in the valley. Bidwell Rd is the one that lead us to the train tracks and had a number of small creek crossings.
Here's the PDF of the actual state park map. Just look for the (High Clearance Vehicles Only) label. You have to drive North out of the park to get on Bidwell, and possibly the Rock Spring
Ohiopyle Park Map

Links to the last 2 trips I did.
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20455&highlight=Ohiopyle
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21502&highlight=Ohiopyle

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet, thanks homie! Weather is looking nice for Sunday, so think I'm gonna go check them out :thumbup:

·
on line
6,064 Posts
Anytime!
Bidwell Rd. is downhill for a good couple miles. I'd suggest going in 4lo and coasting down or your brakes are gonna get real hot. Creek crossings shouldn't be much of an issue, and the trail does have some off shoots and from what I remember all lead to dead ends. Once you hit the tracks, you can go left and follow a trail that runs parallel to the tracks. This time of year it's going to be rather over grown and really tight so expect lots of pinstriping.
The other trail starts right next to a group of houses, almost like your going into a driveway. Nothing major the I can recall about this trail. Few side trails.
Take lots of pics. would love to see how the trails are, it's been a couple years since I've been out there.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went back and found the trails Blain told me about this past Sunday (thanks again for the heads up)... Went on Bidwell and Rock Spring. Rock Spring was very grown over and added a few minor pin stripes, but nothing that shouldn't buff out. Bidwell must have literally been cleared out days before for some sort of maintenance. Very wide in most areas with some rock laid here and there... but lots of mud near the end towards a clearing for gas lines. There was another section that must've led down to the tracks, but was very overgrown and wasn't chancing permanent scratches yet. Anyways had some fun...

I hate mud.

2+ hours, 4 washes, and $24 later...

·
on line
6,064 Posts
Nice! Did ya at least get to a few of the stream crossings on Bidwell?

I didn't think it would be that overgrown, but thinking back I do remember the last section before the tracks being fairly overgrown. I would highly suggest going back sometime late September or October for the fall color change. Hopefully then, some of the vegetation will subside and you'll have a clear path to the tracks and more views.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did not have to trim the physical fender at all. The liner got tore up a little and I cut it accordingly. The tires did rub the fender a little at first, but that was due to my caster being off because we couldn't get the rear lower control arm bolts out. So I was forced to wait 3 weeks till my work could warranty them. Now that I have the adjustable bolts in it does not rub at all.

Blain - we did get to cross a few of the streams. My gf took some videos, but they're on Facebook. There was lots of mud back there too. I am definitely going back once the leaves start falling and changing.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So got a set of steelies and duratracs for winter and last weekend I finally got around to painting them. Used Rustoleum hammered gray on the centers and really pleased with the final product.

Leaf springs and cargo carrier are working overtime.

Some glamour shots. (color doesn't look as dark in direct sunlight)

As always, thanks for looking :cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts