Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
on line
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my top lined for $90. The only catch was I had to do my own tape.
Here some pics:
First if anyone asks why you would want to rhino line your roof show them this pic:

Taped off:

Back from Rhino shop:

All together:

Of course the only thing missing is a low pro roof rack...
Oh Wait

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Hey Silver I have a dumb question for you.

Instead of spending all the time and energy to tape off your roof bars, why not just remove them? It only takes 5 minutes to unscrew them with a power drill and the correct size torx bit.

·
on line
1,163 Posts
SeXterraPA said:
Hey Silver I have a dumb question for you.

Instead of spending all the time and energy to tape off your roof bars, why not just remove them? It only takes 5 minutes to unscrew them with a power drill and the correct size torx bit.
why not rhino'ed the bars too, that would look mean........

·
on line
316 Posts
Screw that, Rhino the entire X. :geek:

·
on line
743 Posts
Cool stuff, might have to be a future mod for my truck. I wouldn't have to worry about scratching the roof paint with a kayak or something.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
I'm doing this soon...but with Herculiner. I have a few nice scratches on my roof from being stupid and I need to do something about it. That includes the big OOPS at the end of our mod day 2 weeks ago when I went to close the hatch with a utility knife between the roof and the hatch. Nice sized dent which has now rusted over.

·
on line
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought about taking the entire rack off but I did not want to rhino underneath where the roof bars attach to the roof, and it was a slow day at work so it gave me something to do. The same place is going to powder coat my low pro rack for 60 bucks which is cheaper than rhino.

And it is not quieter nor louder for that matter.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
i have been thinking about doing this. I wonder how hot it gets inside during the summer w/ all that stuff on top?

·
on line
5,042 Posts
hahaha. john you are one funny mother ******!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts