Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Has anyone done this yet? I’ve searched around and haven’t found anyone who has upgraded the RF system with GPS.
2. What are the compatibility issues with the RF amp?
3. Crutchfield says I can install the PAC OEM-2 adapter to use the RF amp, will this affect sound quality?
4. I want to install Pioneer's AVIC-Z2, any advice or suggestions on this upgrade?

-Before anyone asks, I ordered my X without the RF stereo and the dealer messed up the order so I ended up not paying for it.

·
on line
82 Posts
My suggestion might be to perhaps look in to a slightly less expensive nav system, unless of course you've got your heart set on a nav unit with a built in HD. I would then take the savings and invest in some quality audio gear like aftermarket front component speakers, outboard amplifier, and subwoofer. I really think the Pioneer AVIC-D3 and Eclipse AVN 5510 are really good bets. I'm sure the RF system is nice compared to the stock system but there's no way it can hang with a nice aftermarket system.

·
on line
87 Posts
I had a few problems installing my head unit myself, which has never happened to me, so I caved and took it to an installer. Turns out the harness that came from Crutchfield was the wrong one, and the one the installer used cost $35. In the end, the factory sub works and everything is in order. So yes, the factory sub will work with the right harness.

·
on line
1,716 Posts
X_Ego said:
I had a few problems installing my head unit myself, which has never happened to me, so I caved and took it to an installer. Turns out the harness that came from Crutchfield was the wrong one, and the one the installer used cost $35. In the end, the factory sub works and everything is in order. So yes, the factory sub will work with the right harness.
Do you still have the steering wheel functions?

·
on line
87 Posts
No, I have to buy the PAC-NISII I believe. There's literally zero room left behind the radio to stuff anything. I'll have to take a look at things and reorganize all the cables back there one day this summer before I put it in. I've heard mixed reviews about it tho, so I'm not expecting much.

·
on line
844 Posts
I have the Kenwood DDX-8017 with the GNA-510 navigation module.

I love it more than I love the truck.

Significantly more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts