Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here's the problem...I have a pioneer hu, but I need more bass (I have the S model, no RF). With the RF is there one sub underneath each front seat?? Is there a place to get just the RF subs, and would it just be easier to get some aftermarket "under the seat" subs?? Not looking to shake the neighbors. I just want everything hidden and/or close to stick looking. Thanks for the help

·
on line
2,077 Posts
you could just pick up some new speakers, the 6x9s in the front doors......i put polk audio speakers in, they have some nice kick to them, but they also have built in dual tweeters so you still get plenty of highs up front.

as far as a sub, you could get the RF sub to go under the seat.....there's just one sub....and a small amp to power it and put that under the other seat and run it to the headunit.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, I wasn't sure about those subs. I'm looking at the kenwood KSC-SW1. I might get another amp to put under the other seat

·
on line
1,638 Posts
didn't have time to say why rf sucks earlier..
But IMO the sub vibrates the driver's seat A LOT yet there is little bass output
to match the the amount of shaking/vibration. It just gets annoying. I've had my bass level at 0 or -1 since the first day I got my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts