Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High, I have an 08 X OR. I have the tech pack, RF system, which has bluetooth. I have the phone controls on the steering wheel and it is all voice commanded. I have to admit I really like this option. However! I want to replace my HU. Will I lose my bluetooth phone and the steering wheel control? I'd hate to have dead buttons on my wheel. Also there is a voice memo etc...Where the hell does that store the recordings? Any ideas/answers would be most appreciated.

·
on line
1,420 Posts
darn, i wouldnt know, but i would try calling nissanusa customer care number and they can get your question to a nissan tech/engr.

- j

·
on line
628 Posts
You will lose the Bluetooth, it operates through the stock head unit. There a lot of after market head units offering this option now though, I have the JVC KD-BT1.

·
on line
962 Posts
you will only lose the bluetooth if your new HU does not come ready with the bluetooth package.

I recently got the top of the line Sony Xplode series and it doesn't have the bluetooth;however, the model right below it (30 dollars less) supports it. It wasn't a big deal for me though....

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so as long as I replace the HU with one that is Blue Tooth eqipped, I will be able sustain all my options and steerwing wheel controls provded I get the adapter them? Secondly...I have a nice pioneer premier to put in, however I can't really find too much documentation the specs of the RF package HU. If the output of the RF package HU is sufficient then I will just put my components and subs in withouta HU swap. However, I really doubt the RF HU offers the 50X4 output at the right inpedence. Any thoughts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts