Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photos I took of my recently installed in-channel wind deflectors. I really like them because they cut alot of the in your face wind when you have the windows open, and I love having my windows opened. I also like that they are double sided taped into position. I had a pair of weather tech in-channel deflectors on a SAAB I owned and they eventually started falling and I had to tape them in place. Not a big deal but nice :)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Thanks, sorry for the threadjack, the visors look good, but I've heard in channels cause issues down the road, keep that in mind if you start having window problems

·
West North Central Regional Moderator
9,791 Posts
I've had that same set of wade inchannel visors since 2006 when i bought my X. No issues

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Good to know that there are so many of you guys running them with no issues, that's the only reason I've been avoiding buying them, I'll have to look into a set now

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
i have the weather tech in channel, and with the exceptions of the first few days of installing them, just breaking them in, I've never had an issue with mine!! and i love the slim line look.. regardless of the make... and i'm MY opinion, they are way better then the ones that stick out on the outside of the door.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have the weather tech in channel, and with the exceptions of the first few days of installing them, just breaking them in, I've never had an issue with mine!! and i love the slim line look.. regardless of the make... and i'm MY opinion, they are way better then the ones that stick out on the outside of the door.
Agreed

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I’ve had a set since early 2011. Got them on eBay for around $35-40. Only issue I’ve had is the straight section next to mirror for both fronts did not have double sided tape. Not sure if that was intentional or if the new ones have tape on that part but every time I rolled up the driver side window I would have to push that section of the deflector in first or the window motor would strain to push the window up. Forgot one day in 2012 while rolling it up at the same time I was merging onto a highway and it cracked. Since it cracked the window no longer jams on it. Problem solved I guess.

·
Registered
934 Posts
These seem to have pretty positive reviews on here and Amazon. I'm thinking about ordering a set this week along with a few other odds and ends for the X. I'll post my review when I get them on later this week.

·
Registered
934 Posts
So my Wade in-channel window deflectors showed up yesterday, via UPS. Keywords "via UPS" :( Ugh... When I saw the box with obvious signs of it being bent in half I feared for the worse. All my deflectors were cracked along the seam that goes into the window channel. I worked at UPS for over 7 years and can easily imagine how this happened. Anyway I filed a damaged item claim with Amazon and they already have a new set in the mail for me, albeit without free Prime 2day shipping and just the regular free ground 3-5 day shipping. So I should receive those by Monday. If those are cracked too I may try other means of procuring some deflectors. I need them by the first weekend in June for my camping trip.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So my Wade in-channel window deflectors showed up yesterday, via UPS. Keywords "via UPS" :( Ugh... When I saw the box with obvious signs of it being bent in half I feared for the worse. All my deflectors were cracked along the seam that goes into the window channel. I worked at UPS for over 7 years and can easily imagine how this happened. Anyway I filed a damaged item claim with Amazon and they already have a new set in the mail for me, albeit without free Prime 2day shipping and just the regular free ground 3-5 day shipping. So I should receive those by Monday. If those are cracked too I may try other means of procuring some deflectors. I need them by the first weekend in June for my camping trip.
See I always prefer UPS becasue Fedex is always late and I have had more damaged items from Fedex than UPS and USPS combined. Also my amazon package had DO NOT BEND and FRAGILE stickers all over it. Mine cam from the Columbia,SC distribution center. And PRIME is the best deal on the internet.

·
Registered
934 Posts
To be honest there is a very minimum percentage of workers at UPS that truly cares about damaging the parcels. Most of the package handlers are young 18, 19 yr old guys, that don't have much of a work ethic and, to their defense, are literally inundated with so many boxes that they literally get buried inside the trailers. Shutting down belts at UPS is a big no-no to the operation. If you were to ask the Safety manager he'd tell ya that of course shut them down. Its all about being safe. But the truth is that is all about the production. Pieces per hour to be exact. Every UPS has miles and miles of conveyor belts and chutes. The one I worked at had nearly 80 miles of conveyor belts in it with hundreds of chutes, slides and roller. Packages jam up constantly. They just ram as much thru as fast as they can that they overload belts, jam belts up and bury the poor kid stuck in the nose of a trailer trying to read, scan and load every box. I have very low hopes that my new set of deflectors will be intact. Just the way they were packaged is leaving it susceptible for damage. Long hollow box.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I installed WeatherTechs in 2007 and over the last year or so noticed my windows being more sluggish. Then one night the driver side just died. Took the window visors out and replaced that motor -- passenger side window is showing signs of dying too.

That said, soon as I get the motor replaced I'll be getting more in-channel visors. Hate the stick ons and the being able to crack my windows a couple inches, even in the rain, is something I enjoy. Or I'm just a dummy. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts