Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the factory Xterra mud flaps due to the fact that they were not bendable and could cause damage is bent the wrong direction. After running without mud flaps for about 4 months now, I decided enough was enough. I was sick of the mud all over my X after a weekend of trails. I am one to buy the best that I can, when I can. So RallyArmor seems to make some of the best flaps out there. I know RallyArmor can be expenshive but after doing a bit of research I found the Basic Flaps. They seemed to fit the bill so I forked over $23 and in a couple of days they showed up. No More Mud!

The flaps came in a plastic bag, separating each of the 4 flaps with a single piece of paper. No fancy, expenshive packaging here, right to the point. When the flaps were removed from the packaging, they seemed to be strong enough to last a while and bendable enough to not interfere with rocks off road. The flaps measure 2 mm thick and are made of a matte(ish) poly-blend plastic. I chose the Black on Black model, which means that it is a black flap with Black RallyArmor logo. Wanted red, but they were $7 more and I was being cheap. Don’t have too many miles on the flaps yet, but when I get some miles on them I will do a follow up review.

NOTE: Hardware did not come with the flaps. Bought some GM style Push Pins to hold the flaps on where screws could not. The Push Pins are very strong.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
But, how will you get the killer looking mud splashes down the side now?

Looks like a good option. Maybe a bit long... but I bet trimmable if need be.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Loved the rally stripes caused by mud! However when you go to work and your slider is covered in mud and you accidentally brush your leg over it.... Lets just say the red clay here is hard to get out after it dries. And I want to protect the paint from all the sandy mud holes we have here too!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Also being that they are a universal fit, you can mount them as high, low, inward or outward as you want. And they are super easy to trim.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I've worried about the muddy slider thing. My brother's TJ is REALLY bad. Those doors are so high, with sliders that stick out... you have to leap out to keep your legs clean.

·
Registered
204 Posts
What size tires are you running? I am worried that I will rip the front ones off running 33" tires.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts